I got selected in Vedanta Resources through campus interview at our college.
I want to share my experience with you all.
Selection took place in 4 steps
1. Tough Eligibility Criteria
2. Written Test
I would like to mention that all the four steps were used for elimination at our campus.
There are 60 students are eligible in my college After written Test 26 were selected and all the sections completed finally 15 students were selected
Branches - Mechanical, Chemical, Electronics, Metallurgy and Electrical
1. The candidate must not have crossed 24 years
2. The candidate must have achieved first class in his 10th and 12th with first attempt. No gap between 10th and 12th.
3. The candidate must have passed all subjects of BE in first attempt and should have secured 1st Division marks in his/her engineering. (Candidate should have no history of failure). The degree by University should be in first class only.
4. The candidate should not have more than one-year gap between 12th and engineering.
5. 10+2+4 candidates only will be allowed (no diploma entry engineers)
Here Im sharing my written test experiences
The written exam was a set of 35 simple questions to be completed in 45 mints ..
The questions were mainly from R.S. Aggrawal. Questions covered - average, problems on ages, percentage, profit & loss, problems on train, ratio, numbers, probability, chain rule, volume & surface area, series completion, coding & decoding, analogy(verbal), venn diagram and syllogism.
Most of the candidates got eliminated in this round. The cut-off was near about 21 ( Not Sure). Also there was no negetive marking.
Group Discussion: We were surprised to know that GD was also an elimination round.
We were give 10 min. to discuss on the topic and come to the conclusion
This was the last round. The interview was mainly technical with just a few HR questions.
Questions asked were regarding basics on the respective fields.
Each candidate was interviewed for around 30 minutes.
Finally 15 candidates got selected and I was one of them.
I would suggest you to be CONFIDENT and just give your BEST!