Tesco Candidate Experiences
OMG, Finally the long wait is over i am Tesco HSC now. I was in exile for almost 6 months after my final sem esults. I don't want to reveal my name and my college name for some personal reasons, but i would like to tell you that i finished my last round of interviews on a wednesday
A little about Tesco
Tesco is the world's third largest retailer and provides IT,Business and financial services.headquartered in Cheshunt, United Kingdom. It is the third largest retailer in the world measured by revenues and the second largest measured by profits. It has stores in 14 countries across Asia, Europe and North America and is the grocery market leader in the UK (where it has a market share of around 30%), Malaysia and Thailand.
The placement process
Tesco evaluates candidates in 4 rounds, each round is a elimination round
1. Written test
2. Technical Interview
3. Managerial Interview
4. HR interview
Tesco has a unique kind of aptitude test they do not ask you those regular questions on profit/loss, time and work, speed, ratio and so on.
Written test consists 60questions which have to be answered in 60mins with 0.25 negative mark for each wrong answer, the first 15questions would be on Blood relations, direction sense test and finding the next element in the series all the questions were easy, i could solve all 15 next few questions were on the verbal ability they would ask you 4 questions on Antonyms and synonyms which will be followed by 2 long paragraphs which i felt was a quite tough, infact i could not understand one of the paragraphs next section was the data interpretation test they will give you 2 graphs and 4 questions on each of them, i was given a linegraph which was very easy to solve but the 2 questions on Bar graph was very difficult one unique section in the written test that u will find only in Tesco would be the General Knowledge test, i will contain 20 questions. Some questions were very easy like which company has the tagline "Empowering people"
(Ans. HCL) but there were some tough questions as well, I could answer 12 out of 20 questions
I was very fortunate enough for having cleared the written test.
As soon as i entered in the cabin he told me take a seat, and i replied thank you sir
Me: Good Afternoon sir
Sir: Good Afternoon
Sir: Could you pls tell me about yourself briefly before we move on
Me: Answered ( most of the interviewers start with this question so be prepared for this )
I have a drastic drop in my academic performance in B.E. when compared to my 10th and 12th so my next question was to explain this so be prepared for questions like this
Finally he started off with the technical questions
1) Tell me about your project
2) What all processors you know
3) What do you mean by 4/16/32/64 bit microprocessors
4) What is PCB
5) He asked me to write and explain a program in C
6) Few more questions on Basic C
7) When i was answering the 6question he suddenly asked me "how often do you smoke" (i really do smoke") i was perplexed when he asked me this questions but finally made up my mind and told him "yes" and he told me that i like your frankness
8) How good are you at Data structures ( i told him that i am from EC background and i have no idea abt DS)
9) Diff b/w C and C++ and what is the concept of OOPS (brush up on concepts like polymorophism, data encapsulation, inheritance, abstractionn, classes)
10) What are the different sorting techniques u know ( i told him bubble/selection/insertion)
11) He told me to explain bubble sort (he was impressed by my explanation)
12) What do u know abt tesco
13) Any question for me
14) Are you ready to work in shifts (i said "yes" but i am damn sure even the person who took my interview will not be ready to work in shifts)
Finally he told me to wait outside for the next round
I was called for the MR round after 30mins.
I was asked all routine questions like
1.Tell me about urself
2. Why IT industry
3. I was again asked to exp drop in my %
4. What is your goal, Ambition
5. Why Tesco
6. What is your achievement
I was called for the final round at 2pm a person in his early 40's took my interview it was more or less like the MR round
and finally results were announced i was in the list of selected candidates. I'm very glad that i have made it to Tesco i hope its a great company to build up my career, i would like to thank my parents for the support and one of my classmate for his valuable advice. So guys never lose hope "every dog has a day" try and try and try until you succeed was my motto which helped me a lot.
All the best hope my experience would help you
Freshersworld.com : The No.1 Jobsite for Fresher Hiring in India
Freshersworld.com is the No.1 Jobsite for Freshers in India with over 1 Crore+ resumes and 60K+ recruiters hiring through us. Apply to Top MNC Jobs / Government jobs by registering now! What’s more? Get daily job alert, placement paper and GK updates every day on your email. Freshersworld.com is the only website for applying to Govt Jobs and top MNC Jobs all over India. Register Now to benefit from our unlimited fresher focussed services!