a) 3 b) 5 c) 22) How many four digit numbers can be formed using the digits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (but with repetition) that are divisible by 4?
Can you help Alok find the answer?
a) 100 b) 125 c) 75 d) 85
3) On planet korba, a solar blast has melted the ice caps on its equator. 9 years after the ice melts, tiny planetoids called echina start growing on the rocks. Echina grows in the form of circle, and the relationship between the diameter of this circle and the age of echina is given by the formula
d = 4* (t-9) for t ≥ 9
Where d represents the diameter in mm and t the number of years since the solar blast.
Jagan recorded the radius of some echina at a particular spot as 12mm. How many years back did the solar blast occur?
a) 17 b) 21.25 c) 12 d) 12.06
Ans: c4) Ferrari S.P.A is an Italian sports car manufacturer based in Maranello, Italy. Founded by Enzo Ferrari in 1928 as Scuderia Ferrari , the company sponsored drivers and manufactured race cars before moving into production of street-legal vehicles in 1947 as Feraari S.P.A. Throughout its history, the company has been noted for its continued participation in racing, especially in Formula One where it has employed great success .Rohit once bought a Ferrari . It could go 4 times as fast as Mohan's old Mercedes. If the speed of Mohan's Mercedes is 46 km/hr and the distance traveled by the Ferrari is 953 km, find the total time taken for Rohit to drive that distance.
a) 20.72 b) 5.18 c) 238.25 d) 6.18
Ans: b5) A sheet of paper has statements numbered from 1 to 70. For all values of n from 1 to 70. Statement n says ' At least n of the statements on this sheet are false. ' Which statements are true and which are false?
a) The even numbered statements are true and the odd numbered are false.
b) The odd numbered statements are true and the even numbered are false.
c) The first 35 statements are true and the last 35 are false.
d) The first 35 statements are false and the last 35 are false.
Ans: c6) There are two water tanks A and B, A is much smaller than B. While water fills at the rate of one litre every hour in A, it gets filled up like 10, 20, 40, 80, 160 in tank B. (At the end of first hour, B has 10 litres, second hour it has 20, and so on). If tank B is 1/32 filled after 21 hours, what is the total duration required to fill it completely?
Ans: a8) Unnecessary data. A lady has fine gloves and hats in her closet- 18 blue- 32 red , 10 white , 25 yellow, 55 purple, 30 orange. The lights are out and it is totally dark inspite of the darkness. She can make out the difference between a hat and a glove. She takes out an item out of the closet only if she is sure that if it is a glove. How many gloves must she take out to make sure she has a pair of each colour of blue, red, yellow? a) 59 b) 8 c) 50 d) 42
Ans: a(32+25+2)9) The IT giant Tirnop has recently crossed a head count of 150000 and earnings of $7 billion. As one of the forerunners in the technology front, Tirnop continues to lead the way in products and services in India. At Tirnop, all programmers are equal in every respect. They receive identical salaries ans also write code at the same rate.Suppose 12 such programmers take 12 minutes to write 12 lines of code in total. How long will it take 72 programmers to write 72 lines of code in total?
Ans: d (w1/w2=m1*t1/m2*T2)
10) The citizens of planet nigiet are 6 fingered and have thus developed their decimal system in base 6. A certain street in nigiet contains 1000 (in base 8) buildings numbered 1 to 1000. How many 3s are used in numbering these buildings?
a) 256 b) 54 c) 192 d) 108
a) 6 b) 18 c) 72 d) 12
a) 12 b) 4 c) 18 d) 11Ans: B 12 ) Alice and Bob play the following coins-on-a-stack game. 100 coins are stacked one above the other. One of them is a special (gold) coin and the rest are ordinary coins. The goal is to bring the gold coin to the top by repeatedly moving the topmost coin to another position in the stack.
If the gold coin happens to be on top when its a players turn then the player wins the game.
A. Alice has no winning strategy.
B. Initially, the gold coinis the third coin from the top. ThenC. In order to win, Alices first move should be a 0-move.
D. In order to win, Alices first move should be a 1-move.
A. The even numbered statements are true and the odd numbered statements are false.B. The last second statement is true and the rest are false. C. The odd numbered statements are true and the even numbered statements are false.
D. All the statements are false.
a)7 b) 6 c) 9 d) 8Ans: c 15) After the typist writes 12 letters and addresses 12 envelopes, she inserts the letters randomly into the envelopes (1 letter per envelope). What is the probability that exactly 1 letter is inserted in an improper envelope?
a) 0 b) 12/212 c) 11/12 d) 1/12Ans: a 16) 10 suspects are rounded by the police and questioned about a bank robbery. Only one of them is guilty. The suspects are made to stand in a line and each person declares that the person next to him on his right is guilty. The rightmost person is not questioned. Which of the following possibilities are true?
A. All suspects are lying
B. leftmost suspect is innocent .C. leftmost suspect is guilty
a) A only b) A or C c) A or B d) B onlyAns: c
Ans: a 3 lines are given so ans is 4 one incenter and 3 excenters. If it is 3 line segments then ans would be 1
18) Alok and Bhanu play the following min-max game. Given the expression
N = 15 + X*(Y Z)
Where X, Y and Z are variables representing single digits (0 to 9), Alok would like to maximize N while Bhanu would like to minimize it. Towards this end, Alok chooses a single digit number and Bhanu substitutes this for a variable of her choice (X, Y or Z). Alok then chooses the next value and Bhanu, the variable to substitute the value. Finally Alok proposes the value for the remaining variable. Assuming both play to their optimal strategies, the value of N at the end of the game would be
a) 4 b) 3 c) 0 d) 1
Ans: 15+18 =33
a) 8 b) 5 c) 37 d) 80Ans: c
20) A sheet of paper has statements numbered from 1 to 45. For all values of n from 1 to 45, statement n says At most n of the statements on this sheet are false. Which statements are true and which are false?A. The odd numbered statements are true and the even numbered are false.
B. The even numbered statements are true and the odd numbered are false.
C. All statements are true.Ans: c
a) 900 b) 488 c) 563 d) 800Ans: c
22) The IT giant Tirnop has recently crossed a head count of 150000 and earnings of $7 billion. As one of the forerunners in the technology front, Tirnop continues to lead the way in products and services in India. At Tirnop, all programmers are equal in every respect. They receive identical salaries ans also write code at the same rate.Suppose 12 such programmers take 12 minutes to write 12 lines of code in total. How many lines of code can be written by 72 programmers in 72 minutes?a) 72 b) 432 c) 12 d) 144 Ans: b
a) 12 b) 18 c) 6 d) 21Ans: b
N = X Y Z
a) 2 b) 4 c) 9 d) -18Ans: a