Tata Technologies Placement Paper - I job details in Tata Technologies ,Tata Technologies Placement Paper 2011,Tata technologies limited latest technical question paper with answers ,Tata Technologies Limited branch wise questions ,Tata technologies questions for cse,mechanical engineering
Tata technologies Technical questions and answer in cse
1. Write a Program find and replace a character in a string.
2. Write a Program function to perform the subtraction of two .Eg:char N1="123",N2="478", N3=-355(N1-N2).
3.Write a Program dynamically initialize a 2 dimensional array Eg:5x20,accept strings and check for vowels and display the no. finally free the space allocated .
4. Write a Program read a line from file from location N1 to N2 using command line arguments Eg:exe 10 20 a.c
5. Write a Program find the largest of 4 no using macros.
6 What is not true about the following statements about java.
a) it is compiled using javac compiler
b) the compiled files have .class extension.
c) such files cannot be transfered from one comp to another.
d) they use the java interpreter
7. Why is the synchronize used?
a) to initialize multiple objects b) to lock an object c)option3 d) option 4
Ans: b (probably)
1). Piggy backing is a technique for
a) Flow control
Ans: c piggy backing
8). The layer in the OST model handles terminal emulation
Ans: b application
9) Q. In signed magnitude notation what is the minimum value that can be represented with 8 bits
10)Q. there is an employer table with key feilds as employer no.data in every n th row are needed for a simple following queries will get required results.
a) select A employe no. from employe A , where exists from employe B where A employe no. >= B employe having (count(*) mod n)=0
b) select employe no. from employe A, employe B where A employe no.>=B employ no.grouply employe no.having(count(*) mod n=0 )
c) both a& b
d) none of the above
11) Type duplicates of a row in a table customer with non uniform key field customer no. you can see
a) delete from customer where customer no. exists ( select distinct customer no. from customer having count )
b) delete customer a where customer no. in b rowid
c) delete customer a where customer no. in ( select customer no. from customer a, customer b )
d) none of the above
13). Find the odd one out: 8 125 512 729?
14). Number of zeros between 0 and 10000
15). if 85% of the population of an ant colony is red, and of these 45% are females, then what % of the total ant population are male red ants?
a.46.75(ans) b.40 c.33.66 d.66.66
16) what is the cost price of an article sold at rs.199 after two successive discount of 10% and 15%?
a.260(ans) b.200 c.234 d.220
17). if A and B can do a piece of work in 10 days and A alone can do it in 15 days, how long will B take to do it?
a.25 b.20 c.15 d.30
18). Q is not equal to zero and k = (Q x n - s)/2 find n?
(a) (2 x k + s)/Q
(b) (2 x s x k)/Q
(c) (2 x k - s)/Q
(d) (2 x k + s x Q)/Q (e) (k + s)/Q
19). If B occurs which must occur
(b) D and G
(c) G and H
(d) F and G
20) If J occurs which must have occured
(b) either B or C
(c) both E & F
(e) both B & C