Sonata Software - Candidate's Experience
Hi I'm Ramya sharing my Sonata Software campus recruitment experience.
The screening test had 4 sections, containing the topics as below.
Alphabet and number series.
Time and distance, Relative speed.
time and work.
Profit and loss, Discount.
Permutations and combinations.
About only 200-300 (both the colleges combined) must have appeared for the test since it happened during vacation. 74 students were shortlisted for the two rounds (TR, HR) of interviews.
I was called in for the first round. The lady took my resume and scanned carefully from beginning to end. Then she asked:
* Tell me about yourself. I told. In response to one of my hobbies she asked what was the recent book u have read and she even asked me to explain briefly the whole story. I did.
* Then she asked me what are were your 4-1 subjects. (Gave her the list of subjects among which Management Science was one);
* What did you learn from Management Science and why do you like it?
* What are the three oop principles?
* How can you implement multiple inheritance. (By using Interface)
* Implement various aspects of college as interfaces. (I wrote some pseudo code and explained her)
* Explain your mini project. What were the difficulties faced? (I told lack of time was the difficulty as we had to attend other drives as well.)
* How many interviews did you face and how many you got? (faced 3 and got in 3)
* Then why are you attending this when you are already placed? (told 2 points that I heard in the Pre placement talk).
She asked if I wanted to ask anything. I asked y women specific drive? (She explained).
After a while I was called in for HR.
This was kind of rapid fire.
* Tell me 2 things that best describe u. (positive attitude and to give up till i succeed)
* Give a situation to support this. (Explained)
* Why did you join in GNITS? (Explained)
* Why are you attending Sonata when you are already placed(Infosys, Accenture, Tech Mahindra)?
* Honestly tell me which company would you choose if you get in Sonata as well.
I replied honestly, that I'd choose Infosys and also explained him the reason.
* Would you like to ask any questions?
I asked him for how long has he been with Sonata. (He explained)
Well that was the end.
I got selected though I told I'd choose Infosys. He was only testing my honesty. :D.