Oil India Ltd Previous Year Question Paper
1.If log 0.318=0.3364 and 0.317=0.33320 then log 0.319 =?
2. Total weigth of box is 264 kg.A box consist of 150 packets of 1kg packets and 2kg packets.Then calculate how many 2kg packets are there?
3. If 3y + x > 2 and x + 2y$ \le $3, What can be said about the value of y?
a) y = -1
b) y >-1
c) y <-1
d) y = 1
4. There are 20 balls which are red, blue or green. If 7 balls are green and the sum of red balls and green balls is less than 13, at most how many red balls are there?
5. The ratio of incomes of C and D is 3:4.the ratio of their expenditures is 4:5. Find the ratio of their savings if the savings of C is one fourths of his income?
6. If G(0) = -1 G(1)= 1 and G(N)=G(N-1) G(N-2) then what is the value of G(6)?
7. There are 4 boxes colored red, yellow, green and blue. If 2 boxes are selected, how many combinations are there for at least one green box or one red box to be selected?
8. All faces of a cube with an eight meter edge are painted red. If the cube is cut into smaller cubes with a two meter edge, how many of the two meter cubes have paint on exactly one face?
9. whats the answer for that :
A, B and C are 8 bit nos. They are as follows:
A -> 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 1
B -> 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1
C -> 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 0 ( =minus, u=union)
Find ((A C) u B) =?
10. x2 < 1/100, and x < 0 what is the highest range in which x can lie?
a) -1/10 < x < 0
b) -1 < x < 0
c) -1/10 < x < 1/10
d) -1/10 < x
11. Peter and Paul are two friends. The sum of their ages is 35 years. Peter is twice as old as Paul was when Peter was as old as Paul is now. What is the present age of Peter?
12. 1/3 rd of a number is more 3 than the 1/6th of a number then find the number?
13. The ages of two friends is in the ratio 5:6. After how many years will the ages be in the ratio 7:8?
14. An athlete decides to run the same distance in 1/4th less time that she usually took. By how much percent will she have to increase her average speed?
15. A girl has to make pizza with different toppings. There are 8 different toppings. In how many ways can she make pizzas with 2 different toppings.
16. A number when divided by D leaves a remainder of 8 and when divided by 3D leaves a remainder of 21 . What is the remainder left, when twice the number is divided by 3D?
b) cannot be determined
17. One day Alice meets pal and byte in fairyland. She knows that pal lies on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays and tells the truth on the other days of the week byte, on the other hand, lies on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, but tells the truth on the other days of the week. Now they make the following statements to Alice pal. Yesterday was one of those days when I lie byte. Yesterday was one of those days when I lie too. What day is it ?
18. In the reading room of a library, there are23 reading spots. Each reading spot consists of a round table with 9 chairs placed around it. There are some readers such that in each occupied reading spot there are different numbers of readers. If in all there are 36 readers, how many reading spots do not have even a single reader?
19. Reduce128352/238368 to its lowest terms.
Direction (for Q.Nos. 20 21): Find out the wrong number in the given sequence of numbers.
20. 46080, 3840, 384, 48, 24, 2, 1
21. 105, 85, 60, 30, 0, -45, -90
22. In 100 m race, A covers the distance in 36 seconds and B in 45 seconds. In this race A beats B by:
23. A person crosses a 600 m long street in 5 minutes. What is his speed in km per hour?
24. If a person walks at 14 km/hr instead of 10 km/hr, he would have walked 20 km more. The actual distance travelled by him is:
25. Excluding stoppages, the speed of a bus is 54 kmph and including stoppages, it is 45 kmph. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
26. In a flight of 600 km, an aircraft was slowed down due to bad weather. Its average speed for the trip was reduced by 200 km/hr and the time of flight increased by 30 minutes. The duration of the flight is:
27. A man complete a journey in 10 hours. He travels first half of the journey at the rate of 21 km/hr and second half at the rate of 24 km/hr. Find the total journey in km.
28. The ratio between the speeds of two trains is 7 : 8. If the second train runs 400 km in 4 hours, then the speed of the first train is:
29. A man on tour travels first 160 km at 64 km/hr and the next 160 km at 80 km/hr. The average speed for the first 320 km of the tour is:
30. A car travelling with 5/7 of its actual speed covers 42 km in 1 hr 40 min 48 sec. Find the actual speed of the car.
b) 25 km/hr
31.Navy Day is observed on
32.National Song (Vande Mataram) was first sung on
a)1896 session of INC
b)1912 session of INC
c)1927 session of INC
d)1947 on eve of Independence
33.The shorter version of Indias National Anthem has a playing time of
a) 12 seconds
34.The inscription of Indias National Emblem,Satya Meva Jayte is a quotation from
d)None of these.
35.Tiger was adopted as National Animal in
36.There are how many languages and dialects used in India.
b)between 100 to 500
c)between 500 to 1000
37.Post Office Day in India is celebrated observed on
38. BJP as a major party has won how many in general elections in Indian History.
39. Area wise t he biggest Pa rliamentary Constituency in 2004 elections was
a)Ladakh (J and K)
b)Srinagar (J and K)
40. The President of Jammu and Kashmir National Conference (JKNC)
d)None of these
41.The first IPS Women Officer was
42.The National Emblem of India was adopted on
a)Aug. 15, 1947
b)Jan. 26, 1950
c)Jan. 26, 1957
d)Aug. 15, 1950
43.Who composed our National Anthem?
b)Sri Aurobindo Ghosh
d)None of these
44.When the National Anthem of India first song?
45. The National Anthem was adopted by the Constituent Assembly on
a)Dec. 27, 1950
b)Aug. 15, 1947
c)Jan 24, 1950
d)Jan, 26, 1947
46.How many stanzas are there in our National Anthem?
47.What is the normal playing time of the full version of our National Anthem?
48. What is the playing time of the shorter version of our National Anthem which is played on ceremonial occasions?
b) 50 seconds
d) 20 seconds
49. Which among the following is Indias National song?
b)Sare Jahan se Achcha
d)None of them
50.The largest and the oldest museum of India is located in the state/union territory of