Meghalaya PSC Previous Year Solved Paper
1. The Secretary General of the Lok Sabha is appointed by:
Answer. The Speaker of the Lok Sabha
2. The Author of Snakes and Ladders is:
Answer. Gita Mehta
3. The first Indian satellite Aryabhata was launched in the year:
4. The first World Cup Football tournament was held in:
5. The rear view mirror used in vehicles is:
6. Which country is known as Land of Thousand Lakes?
7. The free operating system Linux was developed by:
Answer. Linus Torwalds
8. New York City is on the bank of the river.
9. The average life of a red blood cell in the body is about:
Answer: 115 days
10. Which of the following is used as a preservative of food articles?
Answer: Sodium benzoate
11. DNA is?
Answer: A class of nucleic acids
12. The lustre of diamond is due to?
Answer: Total internal reflection
13. Milk in natural form has a certain amount of sugar. This sugar is called?
14. Which of the following is associated with Doppler Effect?
15. Force/Area is the formulae of ?
16. Hydrogen Bomb is based on the principle of:
Answer: Nuclear fusion
17. Rocket works on the principle of conservation of:
18. What is the escape velocity from Earths surface?
Answer: 11.2 Km/sec
19. Which Asian river is sometimes referred to as The Road to Mandalay?
Answer: Irrawaddy (Myanmar)
20. Where is the headquarters of the Transparency International?
Answer: Berlin (Germany)
21. Which international organization was founded by Peter Eigen?
Answer: Transparency International
22. Which is the worlds most saline lake?
Answer: Lake Vanda (Antarctica)
23. A projectile launched at which degree angle has the greatest range?
Answer: 45 degree angle
24. What is the unit of measurement of cotton?
25. Which metal is added to fireworks to get the lilac colour?
26. Which acid is used to acidify foods and beverages such as various colas?
Answer: Phosphoric Acid
27. What kind of creature is a silverfish?
Answer: Wingless insect
28. Which animals walking style is known as Knuckle walking?
Answer: Gorillas and Chimpanzees
29. Which countrys official currency is the Renminbi?
30. Which country started the Money Order System?
Answer: Great Britain