Mecon Interview Experience
Hi friends, I am from mechanical and got a call for mechanical discipline
I got the interview call to be held in kolkata. In kolkata the interview consisted of a psychometric test and the technical interview. The psychometric test is based on your perception of taking things in day to day activities and they told us that it is not for any evaluation purpose. After getting our TA we were asked to wait for the interview. In the interview room there were 8-9 people who were bond in there respective fields.
1. one asked me tell me about urself and he asked about my career interests ....I told them regarding thermal engineering
2. he asked me about the gas power plant in Delhi and also its power rating
3. the basic units of the power plant
4. about ash handling plant
5. about ash utilization
6. how to control the frequency of electric supply in the power plant
7. One asked me about the solan brewri and also the shyama sangeet as I was a bengali
8. and if I liked ravindra sangeet or not
9. and one asked why did I wanted to join MECON
10. and why not any private sector as I had a good placement already in the time of interview...they kept grilling on why mecon and not that company...but at the end said good....
11. he asked me about the training I did and about the no of turbines in the plant and their ratings each...
As a whole the interview was fine....I think those who want to appear for the interview do know your interest in the company...i mean why do you want to join mecon and no other company...and also about their training and project and about one or two favourite subject...though they should have an overall idea of other subjects as well.