Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd. Placement Paper
1. 2,1, 4, 3, 6, 6, 8, 10, 10, ?, ? ? 12, 15
2. A Child is saying numbers 1, 2, 3, 4. When he says 1 Another child puts white marble in a box. On saying 2 he puts Blue marble and on saying 3 he puts red ma rble. When child says 4 other child take out white and blue marble. Child says some no. in a sequence then questions are based on the no. of marbles in the box. Like this
1,1,2,3,1, 4, 1,1,3,2,2,4,111?
a) Find the no. of Blue marble in the box ? 2
b) Find the no. of White-2
c) No. of red marbles - 7
3. If M person r buying a thing costing D$ each,, if 3 person get away, how much each person has to spend so that total expenditure is same ???
4. Which is smallest?
d 3/13 or something similar having denominations as 11 and 13 in option ?d? and ?e?
5. f Rix can collect 45 pieces in 1 min.. and Rax take 1 and half minute for same,, what is time require d to collect 300 pieces when both working together??
6. One long quiz followed by 5 questions 3 cages having 3 tags on them, sum of digit of cage num not to exceed 10, and other cond.
7. Find the least value of 3x + 4y if x2y3 = 6.
8. Can you find out what day of the week was January 12, 1979?
9. A garrison of 3300 men has provisions for 32 days, when given at a rate of 850 grams per head. At the end of 7 days a reinforcement arrives and it was found that now the provisions will last 8 days less, when given at the rate of 825 grams per head. How, many more men can it feed?
Ans.. 1700 men.
10. From 5 different green balls, four different blue balls and three different red balls, how many combinations of balls can be chosen taking at least one green and one blue ball?
11. Three pipes, A, B, & C are attached to a tank. A & B can fill it in 20 & 30 minutes respectively while C can empty it in 15 minutes. If A, B & C are kept open successively for 1 minute each, how soon will the tank be filled?
Ans.. 167 minutes.
12. A person walking 5/6 of his usual rate is 40 minutes late. What is his usual time?
Ans.. 3 hours 20 minutes.
13. An integer T is as much greater than C as C is greater than E. T can be written as A + E. What is D?
(e) Cannot be determined
14. The greatest possible value of C is how much greater than the smallest possible value of D?
15. If no P s are K s, which of the following must be true?
(a) All P s are J s
(b) No P is a G
(c) No P is an H
(d) If any P is an H it is a G
(e) If any P is a G it is a J
16. Which of the following can be logically deduced from the conditions stated?
(a) No Ms are Hs
(b) No M s that are not Ns are Hs
(c) No Hs are Ms
(d) Some M s are H s
(e) All M s are H s
17. A number when multiplied by 7/18 instead of 7/8 and got the result 770 less than the actual result , find the original number?
18. The volume and the radius of both cone and sphere are equal , then find the ratio of height of the cone to the diameter of the sphere?
19. A and B started a business with 1500 and 2500 and got a profit 800 rs. Half of the profit is shared equally the remaining is shared according to their investment. Find their profits.
20. 26 Food is sufficient for 100men for 60days. For how many days the food is sufficient for 500men?