Karnataka PSC Previous Year Placement Paper
1. One horse power is equal to :
(A) 736 watts
(B) 746 watts
(C) 748 watts
(D) 756 watts
2. When iron rusts, its weight :
(C) shows no change
(D) decreases and then increases
3. The highest grade of coal whose surface is shining and has the highest calorific value, is :
4. All acids contain the element :
5. Dialysis is used for people with defective kidneys. It involves the process of :
6. The gas used to extinguish fire, is :
(C) carbon dioxide
(D) carbon monoxide
7. The metal used in storage batteries is :
8. Gobar gas contains mainly :
(A) carbon dioxide
9. Washing soda is the common name for :
(A) Calcium carbonate
(B) Calcium bicarbonate
(C) Sodium carbonate
(D) Sodium bicarbonate
10. The headquarters of the International Red Cross is situated in :
11. The sweetest sugar is :
12. The human body needs the following vitamins. Arrange them in the increasing order of their requirement.
1. Vitamin A
2. Vitamin D
3. Vitamin E
4. Vitamin K
(A) 1, 2, 3, 4
(B) 4, 3, 2, 1
(C) 3, 1, 2, 4
(D) 4, 2, 1, 3
13. A person who lives exclusively on milk, egg and bread is likely to become a victim of :
(D) none of these
14. The virus of AIDS affects the growth of :
(B) RBCs in blood
(C) T cells in blood
(D) grey cells in brain
15. Which of the following is a physical basis of life ?
16. Rickets is caused by the deficiency of :
(A) Vitamin A
(B) Vitamin C
(C) Vitamin D
17. There are approximately ..... muscles in human body.
18. All the veins carry deoxygenated blood, except :
(A) Hepatic vein
(B) Subclavian vein
(C) Pulmonary vein
(D) Portal vein
19. A round worm that enters mans body through the soles of the feet is :
20. The study of the interaction of antigens and antibodies is called :
21. Which of the following is adapted to grow in dry places ?
22. In human body which one among the following is the largest in size ?
23. Who among the following sports personalities is known as the Payyoli Express ?
(A) Shiny Abraham
(B) P.T. Usha
(C) Jyotirmoyee Sikdar
(D) K.M. Beenamol
24. Who among the following fast bowlers has taken a hattrick in the very first over of a Test Cricket match ?
(A) Glenn McGrath
(C) C. Walsh
(D) Irfan Pathan
25. The first Commonwealth Games were held in 1930. Which country hosted the games ?
(C) New Zealand
26. Starting with the Australian Open Lawn Tennis Tournament, which one of the following is the correct chronological order of the other three major Lawn Tennis Tournaments ?
(A) French Open US OpenWimbledon
(B) French OpenWimbledonUS Open
(C) WimbledonUS OpenFrench Open
(D) WimbledonFrench OpenUS Open
27. PAC stands for :
(A) Public Accounts Committee
(B) Parliamentary Action Committee
(C) Public Accountability Committee
(D) Parliament Accounts Committee
28. Where is the headquarters of Oil and Natural Gas Commission ?
29.The first atomic power reactor in India was :
30. A Pre-packed commodity is one of the following :
(A) Packed in the presence of the purchaser
(B) Packed in the absence of the purchaser and can not be altered without opening the package
(C) Packed with the consent of the purchaser
(D) Packed with the consent of Government