Police Jobs Previous Paper
1. Judge : court ::Doctor : ?
2. The Rajya Sabha has to return Money Bills passed by the Lok Sabha within 14 days. If does not do so,the bill is :
(A)Deemed to have been passed by both the houses
(B)To be introduced in the Lok Sabha again
(C)To be referred to the Supreme Court
(D)To be introduced in a joint sitting of both the houses
3. The first Indian navy ship that returned home recently after voyage around the globe is :
4. The number of nominated members of Rajya Sabha is :
5. The Chief Election commissioner is appointed by :
(A)The chief Justice of India
(D)The Prime Minister
6. The exclusive monopoly right granted by the government for a new invention to an inventor is known as :
7. Our constituent Assembly was chaired by :
(B)Dr. Rajendra Prasad
8. Chipko movement is associated with :
(A)Protection of environment
(B)Protection of human rights
(C)Protection of street boys
(D)protection of leprosy patients
9. Stock Exchanges in India are regulated by :
10. Who is the author of "India in the New Millinneum" ?
11. The highest observatory in the world is situated in :
12. In our state sandal wood is cultivated at :
13. All nations have been observing ... every year as No Tobacco Day .
14. Name of latest U.S. robot that landed in Mars is :
(D)None of these
15. The newly appointed Chairman of the National Commission on Farmers is :
16. " Merdeka Cup " is associated with :
17. India is planning to send a spacecraft to Moon. The code name given to this project is :
(A)Operation Black Sea
(B)Milan - 2003
18. Name the Speaker of the 13th Lok Sabha :
(A)Murali Manohar Joshi
19. Indira Gandhi Peace Prize for 2003 was given to
20. The number of languages officially recognized by our Constitution is :
21. Who gave the title of 'Father of the Nation ' to Gandhiji ?
(B)Subhash Chandra Bose
22. Bengal was partitioned in :
23. Who was the Governor General of India on 16th August 1947 ?
24. The real name of Vikramaditya was :
25. "Vana mahotsav" was the brain -child of :
26. -------- taught us the brotherhood of Hindus and Muslims :
(C)Ram Mohan Roy
27. "Silver Revolution " relates to :
28. "Therukkooth" is the popular dance form of :
29. The Committee that studied the feasibility of funding of elections by state was :
(B)Indrajit Gupta Committee
(C)Raja chellayya Committee
30. Who is known as the father of local self governments ?
31. The global plan to save the earth from devastation is known as :
(A)Catch - 22
(B)Agenda - 21
(D)Probman - 150
32. The dowry system emerged during the :
33. The language that developed in our country as a result of Hindu-Muslim unity is :
34. In which battle Prithviraj Chauhan defeated Mohammad Ghori
(A)Second battle of Panipat
(B)Second battle of Tarain
(C)First battle of Panipat
(D)First battle of Tarain
35. Who was the publisher of the daily "Swadeshabhimani" edited by Swadeshabhimani Ramakrishna Pillai ?
(B)Kesari Balakrishna Pillai
(C)Vakkom Abdul Khader Maulavi
(D)Vengayil Kunjiraman Nayanar
36. The link between the President of india and the Union Cabinet is the
(C)Minister for Parliament Affairs
37. The Indian social worker best known for his work among leprosy patients :
38. Who is known as the "Saint of the Gutters" ?
(C)Joan of Arc
39. India adopted a parliamentary form of government based on :
40. Our tenth Five Year Plan was started in the year :
41. 3/4th of 1/3rd of 4/5th of a number is 90. Then the number is :
42. The ages of a father and son are 41 and 16 years respectively. In how many years will the father be twice as old as his son ?
43. A candidate who gets 30% of the total marks in a test fails by 50 marks. Another candidate who gets 320 marks fails by 50 marks . Another candidate who gets 320 marks fails by 30 marks . What are the
44. By selling 200 mangoes a man gains the selling price of 40 mangoes. His profit margin on cost is :
45. The average of 11 numbers is 50. The average of the first six numbers is 49 and that of the last six is 52. If so, the sixth number is :
46. How much time does a train , 280m long,running at a speed of 72km/hr,take to cross a bridge of 220m long ?
47. 75% of the students in a school are boys . If the number of girls students is 420,the number of boys is :
48. 0.1 x 0.1 x 0.1
49. A and B can complete a piece of work in 10 and 15 days respectively . In how many day they can complete the same work if they do it together ?
(C)7 1/2 days
50. The simple interest on a certain sum deposited at 8% interest per,annum for three years is Rs.576.The sum deposited is :