ITBP Practice Test Paper
1. A trader bears a loss of 25% by selling 40 needles .for a rupee. How many needles should he sell for a rupee in order to earn a profit of 20%?
2. A train crosses a 300 m long platform in 20 seconds and a telegraph pole in 10 seconds. The length of the train is
(a) 100 m
(b) 200 m
(c) 300 m
(d) 400 m
3. Find the cost of paving a rectangular courtyard 30 meters long and 20 meters wide with tiles 12 cm long and 10 cm wide at Rs. 60 per thousand tiles.
(a) Rs. 3000
(b) Rs. 4000
(c) Rs. 3500
(d) Rs. 5000
4. If the radius of a circle be doubled, its area will be -
(a) four times
5. The volume of a wall, 5 times as high as it is broad and 8 times as long as it is high, is 18225 cu.m. Find the breadth of the wall.
(a) 32.5 m
(b) 5 m
(c) 4.5 m
(d) 3.5 m
6. The earths surface is covered either by land or by water. The proportion covered by land of that 3/5 covered by water. What fraction of the entire surface of earth is land?
7. A and B can do a piece of work in 72 days. B and C can do it in 120 days and A and C can do it in 90 days. In how many days can A alone do it?
(a) 80 days
(b) 100 days
(c) 150 days
(d) 120 days
8. An electric pump can fill a tank in 3 hours: Because of a leak in the tank, it took 3 ½ hours to fill the tank. The leak can drain all the water of the tank in -
(a) 21 hours
(b) 6 ½ hours
(c) 10 ½ hours
(d) 12 hours
9. The difference between simple interest and compound interest on a certain sum of money for 3 years at 10% pr annum is Rs.15 and paisa 50. The sum is
(a) Rs. 5000
(b) Rs. 550
(c) Rs. 500
10. The first wrong number is 1, second wrong number is 3 and the third wrong number is 5 and so on. What is the 200th number?
11. A bottle contains 12 ounces of a medicine. Doctor advised the patient to take 2 ounces of medicine every half an hour. If the patient starts taking medicine at 7 am, how long will the medicine last?
(a) 9.30 am
(b) 12.30 pm
(c) 10.00 am
(d) 1.00 pm
12. Find the appropriate answer:
1f 56 x 72 = 79, 32 x 4 = 81, 9 x 12 = 34, 25 x 30 = 56 then, 49 x 42 =?
13. When the length of a right angled quadrilateral is increased by 2 units and its breadth is decreased by 2 Units, its area decreases by 28 square units. Similarly, if length is decreased by 1 unit and bread-th is increased by 2 Units, its area increases by 33 sq. units. What will be the area of the right angled quadrilateral?
(a) 352 sq. units
(b) 253 sq. units
(c) 223 sq units
(a) 225 sq. units
14. A sells a watch to B at a gain of 20% and B sells it to C at a loss of 10%. If C pays Rs. 216, what does it cost to A?
(a) Rs. 200
(b) Rs. 216
(c) Rs. 100
(d) Rs. 250
15. What will be the value of 3.5 x 3.5 + 2 x 6.5 x 3.5 + 6.5 x 6.5?
16. The sum of a two digit number and the number formed by, interchanging its digits is 110. Then find the number if difference of its digits is 4.
17. There is a leak in the bottom of a cistern. When the cistern had no leak, it was filled in 9 hours. It now takes an hour longer. If the cistern is full of water how long would it take in leaking itself empty?
(a) 30 hours
(b) 90 hours
(c) 45 hours
(d) 60 hours
18. There were two candidates in an election. One of -the candidates got 43% of total votes and was defeated by a margin of 420 votes, How many votes were cast in the election?
19. A boat can row 30 km upstream and 44 km downstream in 10 hours. Also it can row 40 km upstream and 55 km downstream in 13 hours. What is the speed of the boat in still water?
(a) 5 km/hour
(b) 7 km/hour
(c) 8 km/hour
(d) 10 km/hour
20. A bookseller sells a book at a profit of 10%. If he had bought it at 4% less and sold it for 60 paisa more, he would have gained 18 ¾ %. What does it cost to the bookseller?
(b) Rs. 4
(c) Rs. 10
(d) Rs. 15
21. My present age is thrice the present age of my son. After five years, my age will be two and half times the age of my son. What is my present age?
(a) 36 yrs
(b) 39 yrs
(c) 42 yrs
(d) 45 yrs
22. If 1. 2:3.9: 2:? then what will be the value of (?) ?
23. A fraction becomes 4/5 when 1 is added to both the numerator and the denominator and it becomes 1/2 when 5 is subtracted from both the numerator and the denominator. What is the fraction?
24. 12 men or 18 women can reap a field in 14 days, how long will 8 men and 16 women take to reap it?
(a) 14 days
(b) 9 days
(c) 10 days
(d) 12 days
25. In an examination, 60% of students were successful. The number of unsuccessful students was 400. How many students appeared in the examination?
General Knowledge and General Awareness
1. Who was the first Governor-General of free India?
(A) C. Rajgopalachari
(B) Jawahar Lal Nehru
(C) Lord Mountbatten
(D) Sardar Patel
2. In which year new currency Euro was introduced?
5. Who among the following Tomar rulers is credited with founding of city of Delhi?
6. Tri-colour was adopted as the National Flag in
(A) Haripur Congress
(B) Lahore Congress
(C) Belgaum Congress
(D) Allahabad Congress
7. Mahavira was born in kshatriya clan by the name of
8. Who is regarded as the founder of the scientific socialism?
(C) Karl Marx
9. The first World War broke out in the year?
10. During whose reign Chengiz Khan reached the bank of river Indus?
(A) Qutub-ud-din Aibak
(C) Chandragupta Maurya
11. What is the name of German Currency?
12. Total World population is about
(A) 8 billion
(B) 5 billion
(C) 6 billion
(D) 7 billion
13. Which is the largest desert in the World?
(A) Sahara desert
(B) Thar desert
(C) Gobi desert
(D) Great Sand desert
14. Name the sea whose boundaries touch three continents?
(A) Mediterranean Sea
(B) Red Sea
(C) Caspian Sea
(D) Caribbean Sea
15. The largest producer of coffee in the World is
16. The state which has developed wind energy
(D) Andhra Pradesh
17. Lion is conserved at
(A) Kaziranga Sanctuary
(B) Gir Sanctuary
(C) Corbett National Park
(D) Manas Sanctuary
18. Which state is bound by Bangladesh on three sides?
(C) West Bengal
19. Which state is associated with both tea and coffee as its main crops ?
20. India is the largest producer of
21. Indias share in the world tourism market is
(A) Less than 1%
(B) between 1% and 2%
(C) more than 2% but less than 3%
(D) slightly more than 3%
22. To achieve economic self reliance was the main objective of the following five year plans?
(A) First Plan
(B) Second Plan
(C) Third Plan
(D) Fourth Plan
23. Reserve Bank of India
(A) Provides direct finance to agriculture
(B) Provides finance to primary cooperative societies
(C) Provides finance to state cooperative banks
(D) Does not provide finance to agriculture
24. What is the percentage of the total work force employed in agriculture sector in India?
(A) About 50%
(B) About 56%
(C) About 60%
(D) About 64%
25. The normal temperature of human body is