Indian Constitution - Questions & Answers
1.The model code of conduct for Political parties and candidates to be followed during election is:
A. Laid down in the constitution of India
B. Specified in the representation of the People Act. 1951
C. Enjoined by the supreme court
D. A voluntary agreement among recognized political parties.
2. Who is the chairman of the Lok Sabha ?
B. Minister of Parliament affairs
D. Prime Minister
3. Which one of the following Articles empowers the President to Appoint Prime Minister of India ?
A. Article 74
B. Article 75
C. Article 76
D. Article 77
4. The constituent Assembly formed the drafting committee of India constitution on:
A. 29th August 1947
B. 30th August 1948
C. 29th August 1949
D. 29th August 1950
5. Which one of the following sets of Bills is Presented to the Parliament along with the Budget ?
A. Direct taxes bill and Indirect taxes bill
B. Contingency Bill and Appropriation Bill
C. Finance Bill and Appropriation Bill
D. Finance Bill and Contingency Bill
6. Which of the following exercised the most profound influence in framing the Indian Constitution ?
(A) British Constitution
(B) U.S. Constitution
(C) Irish Constitution
(D) The Government of India Act, 1935
7. In which article of the Constitution of India has the Joint Sitting of the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha been provided ?
(A) Article 101
(B) Article 108
(C) Article 133
(D) Article 102
8. A Money Bill passed by the Lok Sabha is deemed to have been passed by the Rajya Sabha also when no action is taken by the Upper House within:
(A) 10 days
(B) 14 days
(C) 20 days
(D) 30 days
9. Name the committee for formulating the framework of restructuring railways:
(A) Jain Committee
(C) Rakesh Mohan Committee
(D) Dinesh Goswami Committee
10. Who among the following is/are not appointed by the President of India ?
(A) Governors of the States
(B) Chief Justice and Judges of the High Courts
(D) Chief Justice and Judges of the Supreme Court
11. Which of the following Committees are Committees of Parliament?
1. Public Accounts Committee
2. Estimates Committee
3. Committee on Public Undertakings
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
A. 1,2 and 3
B. 1 and 2 only
C. 1 and 3 only
D. 2 and 3 only
12. The Chief Election Commissioner of India holds office for a period of
A. six years
B. for six years or the age of 65 years, whichever is earlier
C. during pleasure of the President
D. for five years or the age of 60 years, whichever is earlier
13. Kamraj Plan was a plan formulated in 1963 by:
A. Chief Minister of Madras, whereby the senior ministers were asked to leave government and work to rejuvenate the party
B. Union Cabinet Minister, whereby a new Constitution for the Indian National Congress was proposed
C. Chief Minister of Madras, whereby a new set of principles for accepting donations for the party work was proposed
D. Chief Minister of Madras to root out corruption from India
14. The tenure of every Panchayat shall be for five years from the date of
A. declaration of the election results
B. its first meeting
C. issue of notification for the conduct of elections of the Panchayat
D. taking oath of office by the elected members
15.What does Article 17 of the Constitution Say?
(a) Untouchability is abolished
(b) The practice of untouchability is forbidden
(c) Practice untouchability is an offence
(d) All of the above
16. Who is the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces in India?
(a) The Prime Minister
(b) The Commander-in-chief
(c) The President of India
(d) Minister of Defence
17. Who is known as the sculptor of the constitution of India?
(a) Rajendra Prasad
(b) V.V. Giri
(c) B.R. Ambedkar
(d) Dr. S. Radhakrishnan
18. What is known as the Little India?
19. Who decides disputes relating with the allotment of symbols to Political Parties:
(A) Representation Act 1952
(B) Representation Act 1953
(C) Representation of the People Act 1951
(D) Election Commission
20. What was the 'privy purse' in the context of the history of Modern India?
A. A purse given privately by one organization to another
B. A purse given by the government of India to dignitaries for service rendered
C. A grant given by the Government of India to the erstwhile Princes of India
D. A gift given by an erstwhile Prince of India to the Government of India
21. The term of Member of the Rajya Sabha is:
A. 5 Yr.
B. 6 Yr
C. Same as that of the Lok Sabha
D. Two years
22. Finance commission in India are set up from Time to time:
A. To lay down financial policies of Union govt.
B. To evolve a satisfactory tax-structure for economic development of the country
C. To promote foreign trade
D. For transfer of economic resources from center to states
23. Who decides whether a bill is a Money Bill or Not ?
B. Chairmen of Rajya Sabha
C. Speaker of Lok sabha
D. Minister of Parliamentary affairs
24. The concept lok Adalat is mainly to expedite cases relating to:
1. Matrimonial dispute
3. motor vehicle accidents
4. suits relating to banks
Which one of these statements are correct ?
A. 1,3 and 4
B. 3,4 and 5
C. 1,2 and 4
25. Who among the following did not serve as the Vice president before becoming president of India ?
A. Dr. S Radhakrishnan
B. Dr. Zakir Hussain
C. Neelam Sanjeeva Reddy
D. R. Venkataraman
26. A federal structure of India was first put forward by the
(A) Act of 1909
(B) Act of 1919
(C) Act of 1935
(D) Act of 1947
27. Which writ is issued by a High Court or the Supreme Court to compel an authority to perform a function that it was not performing ?
(A) Writ of Certiorari
(B) Writ of Habeas Corpus
(C) Writ of Mandamus
(D) Writ of Quo Warranto
28. The Chief Election Commissioner can be removed from his office:
(A) By the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court
(B) By the President
(C) On the basis of a resolution of the Cabinet
(D) On the basis of proved misbehaviour by 2/3rd majority of both Houses of Parliament
29. If the Speaker of the Lok Sabha intends to vacate his office before the expiry of his term, he sends his resignation to the:
(A) Chairman of the Rajya Sabha
(B) Leader of the House (Lok Sabha)
(C) Deputy Speaker of Lok Sabha
(D) President of India
30. In which case did the Supreme Court of India determine that the Parliament has power to make amendment in fundamental rights, but it cannot make any change in the basic structure of the Constitution ?
(A) Golak Nath case
(B) Keshavanand Bharati case
(C) Both (A) and (B)
(D) Neither (A) nor (B)