General Knowledge Questions and Answers on Supreme Court of India
1. In which year Supreme Court of India came in to force ?
Answer: 1950 January 28
2. Who is the first chief Justice of India ?
Answer: Harilal J Kania
3. Who is the 40th (current) Chief Justice of India ?
Answer: Justice Sathasivam
4. Who is the first female judge of supreme court ?
Answer: Fathima Beevi
5. Which High Court for the first time in India declared 'Bandh" as illegal
Answer : Kerala High Court
6. Which state has no Panchayati Raj Institution
Answer : Nagaland
7. Which High Court has the largest jurisdiction in the terms of states
Answer : Gauhati High Court
8. Second largest judicial complex in the World
Ans : Madras High Court
9. Supreme Court Judges retire upon attaining the age of
Answer : 65 years
10. Total number of High Court in India
Answer : 24
11. The age of retirement of a Judge of a High Court in India is?
Answer : 62 years
12. Who was the first person to be directly appointed as the Judge of Supreme Court?
Answer : Kuldeep Singh
13. Which of the following is the oldest High Court in India?
Answer : High Court of Calcutta
14. Who was the first woman judge to be appointed Chief Justice of a High Court?
Ans : Justice Smt Leila Seth
15. Andaman and Nicobar islands come under the jurisdiction of which of the following High Courts?
Answer : Calcutta High Court
16. The pension of a high court judge is charged to the
Answer : Consolidated Fund of India
17. The power of Supreme Court of India to decide the dispute between the centre and states falls under its
Answer : Original jurisdiction
18. Which article in Indian Constitution gives the power of Writ jurisdiction to Supreme court ?
Answer: Article 32
19. Who appoints the judges of supreme court ?
20. What is the monthly salary of chief Justice of Supreme court ?
Answer: 1 lakh
21. What is the monthly salary of judge of Supreme court ?
22. Who is the present (40th) Chief Justice of India ?
Answer: P. Sathasivam
23. Who is the first female supreme court chief justice ?
answer: No female CJI yet