HTC - Model Placement Paper
Aptitude Questions :-
1. A man lends Rs. 10000 in four parts. If be gets 8% on Rs. 2000 7 on Rs. 4000 and 8 on Rs. 1400 what per cent must he get for the remainder, if the average interest is 8.13%?
2. On july 2, 1985 it was Wednesday. The day of the week on July 2, 1984 was:
3. A tank can be filled by one tap in 20 min, and by another in 25 min. both the taps are kept open for 5 min, and then the second is turned off. In how many minutes more is the tank completely filled?
a. 17 min
b. 12 min
c. 11 min
d. 6 min
4. If each side of a cube is doubled, then its volume
a. is doubled
b. becomes 4 times
c. becomes 6 times
d. becomes 8 times
5. A sum of money is sufficient to pay As wages for 21 days or Bs wages for 28 days. The money is sufficient to pay the wages of both for:
a. 12 days
b. 12 days
c. 14 days
d. none of these
6. The mean proportional between 0.32 and 0.02 is:
7. The ratio of milk and water in 66 kg. of adulterated milk is 5 : 1. Water is added to it to make the ratio 5 : 3. The quantity of water added is :
a. 22 kg.
b. 24.750 kg.
c. 16.500 kg.
d. 20 kg.
8. The length of hall is 4/3) times its breadth. If the area of the hall be 300 square metres the difference between the length and the breadth is:
a. 15 metres
b. 4 metres
c. 3 metres
d. none of these
9. A can run a kilometer in 4 min. 54 sec. and B in 5 min. How many metres start can A give B in a km race so that the race may end in a dead heat?
a. 20 metres
b. 16 metres
c. 18 metres
d. 14.5 metres
10. A,B,C, enter into a partnership and their capitals are in the proportion of . A withdraws half his capital at the end of 4 months. Out of a total annual profit of Rs. 847, A share is:
a. Rs. 252
b. Rs. 280
d. Rs. 412
11. A sum was put at simple interest at a certain rate for 2 years. Had it been put at 1% higher rate. It would have fetched Rs. 24 more. The sum is:
a. Rs. 600
b. Rs. 1200
c. Rs. 800
d. Rs. 480
12. A train crosses a platform 100 metres long in 60 seconds at a speed of 45 km per hour. The time taken by the train to cross an electric pole is:
a. 8 seconds
b. 1 minute
c. 52 seconds
d. data inadequate
13. In a class, there are 20 boys whose average age is decreased by 2 months, when one boy aged 18 years is replaced by a new boy. The age of the new boy is :
a. 14 years 8 months
b. 15 years
c. 16 years 4 months
d. 17 years 10 months
14. 15 litres of a mixture contains 20% alcohol and the rest water. If 3 litres of water be mixed in it, the percentage of alcohol in the new mixture will be :
15. A train 50 metres long passes a platform 100 metres long in 10 seconds The speed of the train is:
a. 10 km/hr
b. 15 km/hr
c. 54 km/hr
d. 100 km/hr
16. A contract is to be completed in 56 days and 104 men were set to work, each working 8 hours a day. After 30 days, of the work is completed. How many additional men may be employed, so that the work may be compeleted in time, each man now working 9 hours a day ?
17. The average of five results is 46 and that of the first four is 45. The fifth result is :
18. A tap can fill a tank in 16 minutes and another can empty it in 8 minutes. If the tank is already half full, and both the taps are opened together, the tank will be:
a. filled in 12 min
b. emptied in 12 min
c. filled in 8 min
d. emptied in 8 min
19. At a game of billiards A can give B 15 points in 60 and A can give C 20 in 60. How many can B give C in a game of 90?
b. 20 points
c. 10 points
d. 12 points
20. 729 ml. of a mixture contains milk and water in the ratio 7 : 2. How much more water is to be added to get a new mixture containing milk and water in ratio 7 : 3 ?
a. 600 ml.
b. 710 ml.
c. 520 m.
d. none of these
1. what is object slice?
2. Intelligent cube is a public object or schema object in microstrategy?
3. Difference between informatica 8.1.1 and 8.6? And different betweeninformatica 7x and 8x?
4. Write a program to get a string and to convert the 1st letter of it to uppercase ?
5. Write any data structure program (stack implementation)
6. Write a program to create a sentence at runtime and count number of vowels in it ?
7. Write a program to get a string and to convert the 1st letter of it to uppercase ?
8. Write a program to calculate the following i want a c++program for this condition 1+4+9+16+ .+100 Like this (1^2+2^2) Hint use function pow(a,b)
9. How do You skip a Step In JCL?
10. write a c-program to find gcd using recursive functions
11. db2 restart logic ?
12. what is difference between BVA and Equivalence Partitioning ? can u explain BVA for three digits?
13. How to get Top 10 Salaries from a Table