HTC Model Placement Paper
Numerical Ability :
1.Given 100 to 999 nos. Probability of picking a no. with out digit 7.
2. Ten film rolls. 3 defective, prob. of picking up 2 defective rolls with out replacement
3. The purpose of hashing is :
Ans. O(1) complexity
4. In 1978, a kg of paper was sold at Rs25/-. I f the paper rate increases at 1.5% more than inflation rate which is of 6.5% a year , then what wil be the cost of a kg of paper after 2 years?
a)29.12 (b) 29.72 (c) 30.12 (d) 32.65 (e) none of these
5. In A,B,C are having some marbles with each of them. A has giben B and C the same number of marbles they already have to each of them. then, B gave C and A the same no. of marbles they have, then C gave A and B the same no. of marbles they have. At the end A,B,and C have equal no. of marbles.
(i) If x,y,z are the marbles initially with A,B,C respectively. then the no of marbles B have at the end
(a) 2(x-y-z) (b) 4(x-y-z) etc.
(ii)If the total no. of marbles are 72, then the no. of marbles with A at the starting
a. 20 b. 30 c. 32
6) person has Rs 100/- in his pocket, he can as 25 pencils or 15books. He kept 15% of the money for travelling expenses and purchased 5ncils.So how many books he can purchase with the remaining money.A boy multiplied a number with 10 and got 100,insted of dividing it . If he devided it what would be the answer?
(Ans is 1)
7)If 12 shell cup board requires 18ft of wall space then30 .how much wall space?
(Ans is 45)
8)The average salary of three employee is 95Rs.per week. If one employee earns 115 and other earns 65 rupees.how much will third be earn?
(Ans is 105Rs)
9)A company instaled 36 punching machines at the begining of the year.In the spring they instaled 9 additional m/c's and then discontinued 18 in the fall.How many were still installed at the end of the year?
(Ans is 9)check
10)During a given week a programmer spend 1/4 of his time preparing charts,3/8 of his time for coding,rest of his timefor debugging the programs.If he had 48 hrs during the week how many hours did he spend debugging the program.
(Ans is 18hrs)
11)A 16 story building has 12000ft on each floor. Company A rents 7 floors and company B rents 4 floors. What is the number of square feet of unrented floor space?
(Ans is 60000 sqft)
12)A man owns 2/3 of a computer service buroue business and sells 3/4 of his share for $75000.What is the value of the business.
(Ans is 150,000)
13)A computer printer produces 176400 lines in a given day. If the printer was in operation for 7hrs during the day how many lines did it print per minute?
(Ans is 420)
14)From its total income a company spent $20000 for advertising half of the remainder on salaries and had $6000 left.What was the total income?
(Ans is $32000)
15)In a certain company 20% of the men and 40% of the women attended the annual company picnic.If 35% of all the employees are men .What % of all the employee went to the picnic?
(Ans is 33%)