HPPSC Previous Year Exam paper
1. Consider the following:
1. Bluetooth device
2. Cordless phone
3. Microwave oven
4. Wi-Fi device
Which of the above can operate between 2.4 and 2.5 GHz range of radio frequency band?
a) 1 and 2 only
b) 3 and 4 only
c) 1,2 and 4 only
d) 1,2,3 and 4
2. Which one of the following is not biodegradable?
a) Woollen Mat
b) Silver foil
c) Leather bag
d) Jute basket
3. An Atomic clock is based on transitions in
4. A concave lens always forms an image which is
a) real and erect
b) virtual and erect
c) real and inverted
d) virtual and inverted
5. The latest nuclear power reactor of India recently attained critically at Rawathbhata. Rawathbhata is a place in
a) Uttar Pradesh
b) Madhya Pradesh
6. Which of the following metals is used for generation of Nuclear Energy by most of the nuclear power plants?
d) None of these
7. Consider the following statements:
1. A person with myopia can see distant objects distinctly but cannot see nearby objects
2. A person with hyper-metropia cannot see distant objects clearly
3. A person with presbyopia can see nearby objects without corrective glasses
Which of the statements given above is / are not correct?
a) 1,2 and 3
b) 1 and 2
c) 2 and 3 only
d) 3 only
8. In terms of comparative position among mega diverse countries, India tops in which of the following?
9. What is the primary source of food for marine life?
a) Sea grass
c) Sea Weed
10. Which of the following are absent in mothers milk?
a) Vitamin C and Iron
b) Vitamin C and Phosphorus
c) Vitamin A and Iron
d) Calcium and Iron
11. The correct sequence of the different layers of the atmosphere from the earth surface up wards is ?
a) Troposphere-- Stratosphere Ionosphere Mesosphere
b) Stratosphere --Troposphere Ionosphere Mesosphere
c) Stratosphere Troposphere Mesosphere --Ionosphere
d) Troposphere-- Stratosphere Mesosphere --Ionosphere
12. When a magnet is heated
a) It gains magnetism
b) Neither loses nor gains magnetism
c) None of the above is correct
d) It loses its magnetism
13. One-fifth of the cars in a parking lot are blue and a half of the blue cars are convertibles. If one quarter of the cars in a lot are blue, then what percent of the cars in the lot are neither blue nor convertibles?
14. In which years, Nobel prizes were not awarded?
a) 1939, 1943 and 1944
b) 1940, 1941 and 1942
c) 1944, 1945 and 1950
d) 1930, 1935 and 1940
15. Name the Scientist who was awarded Nobel Prize twice, both times independently?
a) George E. Smith
b) Paul Krugman
c) Linus Carl Pauling
d) Perrie Curie
16. Who discovered Oxygen
a) B.L. Lacetae
b) Paul Muller
c) Andre-Marie- Ampere
d) Joseph Priestly
17. Who was the first woman to go in space?
a) Frideta Seidlova
b) Valentina Tereshkova
c) Henry Sterling
d) Olaus Romer
18. The Critical angle for a transparent solid is 30o. Then the refractive index is
19. Bodies revolving around planets are called
d) Space ships
20. Choose the odd term out while using a computer
21. The Chemical name of Vitamin C is
a) citric acid
b) ascorbic ac
c) oxalic acid
d) nitric acid
22. A gene is
a) a unit of heredity
b) a garment
c) a kind of vitamin
d) a type of body cell
23. Tibia is a bone found in
24. In which section of the plant does photosynthesis takes place
25. Rain water helps to increase in soil the content of