HP Written Test Pattern,selection Procedure and previously aksed questions with answers
40 Que on cse subjects
They mainly concentrated on
OS(Important),FAFL,DBMS,SS,UNIX(only 2 que),c++,Network(Basic)
20 Que on c.
20 Que on Aptitude+English+Logical
1. find the average of first 40 natural numbers?
2. A train 100 metres long takes 6 seconds to cross a man walking at 5 kmph in the direction opposite to that of the train. Find the speed of the train.?
3. In a game of 80 points; A can give B 5 points and C 15 points. Then how many points B can give C in a game of 60 ?
4. A and B can do a piece of work in 18 days; Band C can do it in 24 days A and C can do it in 36 days. In how many days will A, Band C finish it together and separately?
5. The ratio between a two-digit number and the sum of the digits of that
number is 4 : 1.If the digit in the unit's place is 3 more than the digit in the ten’s place, what is the number?
6. Express each of the following as rate percent :
(i) 23/36 (ii) 6 ¾ (iii) 0.004
7. Two dice are thrown together .What is the probability that the sum of the number on the two faces is divided by 4 or 6
8. If the a radio is sold for rs 490 and sold for rs 465.50.find loss%.
Question (9-10) Choose the word that best completes the analogy.
9. . PLANE : AIRPORT :: SHIP :
10.. INEPT : SKILL :: FLIMSY :
11. In the question below, there is a sentence of which some parts have been jumbled up. Rearrange these parts which are labelled P, Q, R and S to produce the correct sentence. Choose the proper sequence.
Since the beginning of history
P : have managed to catch
Q : the Eskimos and Red Indians
R : by a very difficulty method
S : a few specimens of this aquatic animal
The Proper sequence should be:
12. Choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word.
13. choose the word which is the exact OPPOSITE of the given words.
14. Each question consist of two words which have a certain relationship to each other followed by four pairs of related words, Select the pair which has the same relationship.
15. question has an underlined word followed by four answer choices. You will choose the word that is a necessary part of the underlined word.
16. Fill the blank in the middle of the series or end of the series.
CMM, EOO, GQQ, _____, KUU
17. Find the statement that must be true according to the given information.
Vincent has a paper route. Each morning, he delivers 37 newspapers to customers in his neighborhood. It takes Vincent 50 minutes to deliver all the papers. If Vincent is sick or has other plans, his friend Thomas, who lives on the same street, will sometimes deliver the papers for him.
A. Vincent and Thomas live in the same neighborhood.
B. It takes Thomas more than 50 minutes to deliver the papers.
C. It is dark outside when Vincent begins his deliveries.
D. Thomas would like to have his own paper route.
18. The question presents a situation and asks you to make a judgment regarding that particular circumstance. Choose an answer based on given information.
Mrs. Carson took a taxi to meet her three friends for lunch. They were waiting for her outside the restaurant when she pulled up in the car. She was so excited to see her friends that she left her tote bag in the taxi. As the taxi pulled away, she and her friends took notice of the license plate number so they would be able to identify the car when they called the taxi company.
#1: The four women seem to agree that the plate starts out with the letter J.
#2: Three of them agree that the plate ends with 12L.
#3: Three of them think that the second letter is X, and a different three think that the third letter is K.
The four license plate number