HP C prorgramming questions with answers HP new placement papers questions with answers
1. HP acquired this company in 2002. Which is the company?
2. What does 3G DENOTE?
a) 3rd generation mobile communication
b) 3rd generation computer languages
3. An application program that is used by the users to get the information from the backend of some
Application like databases:
a) Application server
Ans: database server
4. Which of the following is not true about the e-mail
a) It can be accessed by a client program using POP
b) It can be accessed by a client program using imp protocol
c) Option 3
d) Option 4
Ans: I don't remember the answer but first 2 are true.
5. Some question regarding the company and who developed it (the thing to remember is that Apple
Produce Macintosh computers)
C/c++ section: questions on c/c++, programs o/p etc.
6. main ( )
unsigned int i=3;
while( i >=0)
printf( "%d", i--);
How many times will the printf stmt be executed?
Ans: I think the answer is infinite, because 'i' is an unsigned integer and it will not decrement below '0'
And hence end up in an infinite loop. (Yes, i checked and it is getting stuck in an infinite loop)
7. main ( )
int x,y, z;
printf("%d %d %d", x, y z);
a)3 5 7 b)option 2 c)option 3 d)option 4
8. # define swap(a,b) temp=a; a=b; b=temp;
int i, j, temp;
if( i > j)
swap ( i, j );
printf ( "%d %d %d", i, j, temp);
Ans: On compiling i got answer 10, 0, 0. I did not understand the concept.
9. Java section: questions on java related stuff.
1) Java was initially code named as:
a)Oak b)green c)miller d)option4
10. What is not true about the following statements about java?
a) It is compiled using java compiler
b) The compiled files have .class extension.
c) Such files cannot be transferred from one comp to another.
d) They use the java interpreter
11. Why is synchronize used?
a) To initialize multiple objects b)to lock an object c)option3 d)option 4
Ans: b (probably)