Hindustan Construction Company Ltd Sample Paper
1. Sachin is younger than Rahul by 4 years. If their ages are in the respective ratio of 7:9,how old is Sachin?
2. My grandfather was once telling me that his father spent a fourth of his life as a child,A fifth as a youth, a third as a man and only 13 years as an oldman.how old was my great grandfather when he died?
3. A man takes 5hrs 45min in walking to a certain place and riding back. He would have 2 hrs by riding both ways. The time he would take to walk both ways?
4. A Thief steals a car at 2.30p.m and drives it at 60kmph.The theft is discovered at 3p.m and the owner sets off in another car at 75kmph.When will he overtake the thief?
5. Pipe A can fill in 20 minutes and Pipe B in 30 mins and Pipe C can empty the same in 40 mins. If all of them work together, find the time taken to fill the tank?
6. Thirty men take 20 days to complete a job working 9 hours a day. How many hours a day should 40 men work to complete the job?
7. Find the smallest number in a GP whose sum is 38 and product 1728
8. A boat travels 20 kms upstream in 6 hrs and 18 kms downstream in 4 hrs. Find the speed of the boat in still water and the speed of the water current?
9. A goat is tied to one corner of a square plot of side 12m by a rope 7m long. Find the area it can graze?
10. A worker is paid Rs.20/- for a full days work. He works 1,1/3,2/3,1/8,3/4 days in a week.What is the total amount paid for that worker?
11. What is the selling price of a car? If the cost of the car is Rs.60 and a profit of 10% over selling price is earned?
12. In a class composed of x girls and y boys what part of the class is composed of girls?
13. One-third of 1206 is what % of 134?
14. A man walking at the rate of 5km/hr crosses a bridge in 15mins.The length of the bridge in meters is
15. One of the two buses completes the journey of 300km in 7 ½ hrs and the other a journey of 450 km in 9 hrs. The ratio of their average speeds is?
16. A train covers a distance in 10km in 12 mins. If its speed is decreased by 5 km/hr, the Time taken by it to cover the same distance will be?
17. A person travels equal distances with speeds of 3km/hr, 4km/hr and 5km/hr and takes a Total time of 47mins .The total distance (in km)?
18. Man travels from A to B a distance of 250miles in 5 ½ hrs. He returns to A in 4 and 30mins .His average speed is:
19. An electric pump can fill a tank in 3 hours. Because of a leak in the tank it took 3 ½ hrs To fill the tank. If the tank is full, how much time will the leak take to empty it?
20. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 20min and 30min resp. If both the pipes are used together, then how long will it take to fill the tank?
21. One pipe can fill a tank three times as fast as another pipe. If together the two pipes can Fill the tank in 36mins,and then the slower pipe alone will be able to fill the tank in?
22. 12 buckets of water fill a tank when the capacity of each tank is 13.5 litres. How many buckets will be needed to fill the same tank, if the capacity of each bucket is 9litres?
23. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 6 hours and 4 hours respectively. If they are opened On alternate hours and if pipe A is opened first, in how many hours the tank shall be full?
24. Two pipes can fill a tank in 20 and 24mins resp and a waste pipe can empty 3 gallons Per min. All the three pipes working together can fill the tank in 15mins.The capacity of Tank is?
25. Three pipes A, B, C can fill a tank in 6 hours. After working at it together for 2 hours is Closed and A and B can fill the remaining part in 7 hours. The number of hours taken by C alone to fill the tank is?
26. A train 240m length passed a pole in 24secs.How long will it take to pass a platform of 650m long?
27. A goods train runs at the speed of 72kmph and crosses a 250m long platform in 26secs.What is the length of the goods train?
28. A train of length 150m takes 40.5 secs to cross a tunnel of length 300m.What is the speed of the train in km/hr?
29. A 300m long train crosses a platform in 39secs while it crosses a signal pole in18secs. What is the length of the platform?
30. A Train takes 18secs to pass completely through a station of 162m long and 15 secs through another station of 120m long. The length of the train is?