Headstrong Previous years Placement Paper December 2011:-
1. What is the output of the program, if integer occupies 2 bytes memory?
// A. 13
// B. 10
// c. 16
// D. None of the above
Ans: B. 10
2. What will be the result of executing the following statement
printf("%d %d %d",i,++i,i++);
a).10 11 12
b).12 11 10
c).10 11 11
d).result is OS dependent
e).result is compiler dependent
(Ans is e)
3. ( 9321 + 5406 + 1001) ÷ (498 + 929 + 660) = ?
Ans : (D)
4. 561204 ×58 = ? ×55555
Ans : (C)
5. My rack contains 8 Red colour ties, 13 violate colour ties,10 Blue colour ties, 5 Pink colour ties, 4 green colour ties. If electricity gone and i want at least two ties of same colour then how many ties i should take out from my rack?
Ans : 6 ties.
6. The very first process created by the kernal that runs till the kernal process is halts is
c) both (a) and (b)
d) none of these
7. A is an integer. Dividing 89 & 125 gives remainders 4 & 6 respectively. Find a ?
8. A boy has Rs 2. He wins or loses Re 1 at a time If he wins he gets Re 1 and if he loses the game he loses Re 1. He can loose only 5 times. He is out of the game if he earns Rs 5. Find the number of ways in which this is possible?
9. If there are 1024*1280 pixels on a screen and each pixel can have around 16 million colors Find the memory required for this?
10. fresh mango consists of 70% water and dry mango consists of 10% water then 20Kg of fresh mango is equivalent to how much of dry mango
Ans: 6.66 kg
11 .void main()
static int m;
12. void main()
case 2: printf("%d,",i++);break;
case 3: continue;
case 4: printf("%d,",i);
13. one bottle is half-full of oil and another bottle with twice the capacity is one quarter full of oil. if water is added so that both the bottles are full and the contents of both are then poured into a third bottle that is empty and large enough to hold the contents of both, what fractions of the contents in the third bottle is oil?
a)1/4 b)1/3 c)3/8 d)2/3
14. don and his wife each receive an 8 percent annual raise. if don receives a raise rs.800 and his wife receives a raise of rs. 840, what is the difference between their annual income after their raises?
a)40 b)460 c)500 d)540
15. if an article with marked price of rs.400 is sold at successive discount of 10%,25% and 15%,what is the price the customer has to pay?
a.360 b.300 c.230 d.270
16. the sides of a triangle are in the ratio 37.if the perimeter is 60 cms, the longest side is
a.7 b.30 c.28 d.14
17. Sister's age is twice than that of the brother. If the brother's age is six, what is the sister's age after two years?
Ans: 14 Yrs.
18. Two lemons cost 10 cents. Then one and a half dozen cost
Ans: 90 cents
19. There are total 15 people. 7 speaks french and 8 speaks spanish. 3 do not speak any language. Which part of total people speaks both languages.
20. A jogger wants to save ?th of his jogging time. He should increase his speed by how much %age.
Ans: 33.33 %