CISF Previous Paper
1. Right to Equality under the Constitution of India is a Fundamental Right: This stands for
1. Equality before the law and equal protection of the laws.
2. Prohibition of discrimination on any ground whatsoever in.public life.
3. Reservation of seats and posts for weaker sections of society in government services and educational institutions.
Select the correct answer using the code given below :
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) 1 and 3 only
(d) 1,2and 3
2. According to the Constitution of India, India is a
(a) Union of states
(b) Federal state
(c) Partly federal and partly unitary state
(d) Unitary state with federal features
3. Which one among the following was characterized by Mahatma Gandhi as a "post-dated cheque on a failing bank"?
(a) Cripps Proposals
(b) McDonald Award
(c) Wavell Plan
(d) Simon Commission Report
4. Amnesty International is an NGO that campaigns for
(a) international peace
(c) economic cooperation
(d) protection of human rights
5. The World Trade Organization (WTO) is an international organization which sets the rules for Global Trade. It was set up in the year 1995 as the successor to the
(a) General Agreement on Trade and Tariffs
(b) International Monetary Fund
(c) World Bank
(d) United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
6. Who among the following is not appointed by the President of India ?
(a) Prime Minister
(b) Attorney General of India
(c) Speaker of Lok Sabha
(d) Governors of the States
7. The Constituent Assembly of India was set up according to the proposal of the
(a) Cripps Mission
(b) Cabinet Mission
(c) Mountbatten Plan
(d) Gandhi-Irwin Pact
8. In the context of Democracy, which one among the following is not correct ?
(a) On the basis of the means and ends :In, a democracy state is the means and welfare of man is the end
(b) On the basis of peoples' consent :Democracy functions according to public will
(c) On the basis of rights and freedom :Democracy safeguards the rights and liberties of citizens
(d) On the basis of administration Democracy is rule of one strong man.Individuals are obliged to obey his command
9. With which one among the following countries did India sign the 'Treaty of Friendship' in August 1971 for 20 years ?
(a) United States of America
(b) Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
10. The geothermal power plant of Manikaran is located in
(b) Arunachal Pradesh
(d) Himachal Pradesh
11. Extensive Mangrove vegetation in India is found in
(a) The Mahanadi Delta
(b) The Rann of Kutch
(c) The Sunderbans
(d) The Godavari Delta
12. Which one among the following is a form of precipitation ?
13. Which one among the following is not a tributary of the river Godavari ?
14. The proportion of gases changes in the higher layers of the atmosphere in such a way that oxygen will be almost in negligible quantity at the height of
(a) 10 km
(b) 50 km
(c) 75 km
(d) 120 km
15. Regur soil is also known as
(a) Laterite soil
(b) Arid soil
(c) Black soil
(d) Peat soil
16. Which one among the following is the first biosphere reserve of India ?
17. The beginning of a significant private-public sector participation in road projects was made in India with the launching of India's largest road project called
(a) National Highways Development Project
(b) Central Road Board Project
(c) Road Development Project
(d) National Roadways Development Scheme
18. Which one among the following price indices does not indicate net asset value of a stock ?
(d) Wholesale Price Index
19. Which one among the following was not a recommendation of Chelliah Committee on tax reform ?
(a) Removal of various concessions and exemptions
(b) Reduction of import duties on all commodities
(c) Introduction of MODVAT (Modified Value Added Tax) to avoid cascading effect of indirect tax
(d) Introduction of simplified tax scheme for small traders
20. Portfolio investment does not consist of
(a) Foreign Institutional Investors
(b) American Deposit Receipts
(c) Global Deposit Receipts
(d) German Deposit Receipts
21. Which one among the following does not fall under WTO's mission ?
(a) Assist developing countries in its trade activities
(b) Set rules for trade policy
(c) Regulate international financial transactions and markets
(d) Protect small and weaker countries from larger, more powerful ones
22. Which one among the following regarding the basic objectives of India's First Five Year Plan is not correct ?
(a) Emphasized on agricultural development
(b) Advocated huge imports
(c) Advocated price stability
(d) Advocated power sector development
23. Which one among the following is the currency of Venezuela ?
24. Six industrialized nations had an association before formation of G-8 Summit. The original members were U.S., U.K, France, Germany, Italy and Japan. Subsequently two nations joined. The two countries are
(a) India and China
(b) Brazil and South Africa
(c) Russia and Canada
(d) New Zealand and Mexico
25. What is the colour of `Black Box' that is found in Aircraft ?
26. Which India-born biologist bagged the World's first International award for outstanding scientific work that promotes sustainable development globally ?
(a) Vandana Shiva
(b) Medha Patkar
(c) Kamal Bawa
(d) Gyalwang Drupka
27. Who among the following was recently honoured with Dadasaheb Phalke Award (2011) ?
(a) Soumitra Chatterjee
(b) K. Balachander
(c) D. Ramanayudu
(d) Supriya Choudhury
28. Who among the following received the Templeton Prize in May,2012 for his contribution to "affirming life's spiritual dimension" ?
(a) Desmond Tutu
(c) Anna Hazare
(d) Baba Ramdev
29. Which State Government has recently imposed restrictions on the visit of foreign tourists to the areas inhabited by tribals ?
(c) Madhya Pradesh
30. Consider the following statements :
1. A road has been named in the name of India hockey player Dhyanchand in Australia.
2. Australia has been selected as a host country for 2014 Commonwealth Games.
Which of the above statements is/are correct ?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2