I'm Raj Kumar Kispotta, Mechanical Engineering appeared for written test of BPCL 22nd Janunary, 2011 at New Delhi.
There was 2 part technical & non-technical each having 60 questions. Total 120 questions and time limit was 2 hours.
Non-Technical: (60 questions)
* 20 questions from English: passage, preposition, article, question tag and correct word
* 20 questions from aptitude and reasoning like analogy, coding-decoding, data sufficiency, assertion and Reason, statement-conclusion and non-verbal reasoning series. 4 figures were given and find next one.
* 20 questions from GK.
1. What is CPU?
Ans: Central Processing Unit
2. Silicon Valley of India?
3. Teachers day?
Ans: Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
4. "ship of desert"?
5. Seven wonders of the world from India?
Ans: Taj Mahal
6. Winner ICC 20-20 world cup 2008?
7. Highest mountain in the world?
Ans: Mount Everest
8. Formula H2O stands for?
9. First Mughal emperor?
10. Largest state in India?
11. How many lions in Ashok Pillar?
12. Pink city?
13. Who is father of Indian constitution?
Ans: B R Ambedkar
14. Which vitamins found in orange and lime?
Ans: Vitamin C
15. Recent Oscar award winner Indian music director?
Ans: A R Rahman
16. Which gas inhaled during respiration?
17. Largest Planet in solar system?
18. How many bones in a human body?
19. RBC stands for?
Ans: Red Blood Cell
20. Capital of Nepal?
Technical: (60 questions)
1. What is pure substance?
2. Stated by whom the internal energy of gas is a function of temperature?
3. Intensive properties?
a. mass b. total enthalpy c. volume d. density
4. What is stress concentration factor?
5. What is design principle of Nozzle?
6. Which part of nozzle flows of steam will be supersonic?
7. Formula of co-efficient of nozzle?
8. Which property of material used in tools and machines?
9. SG 400/15 ,wt is the indian standard specification?
10. What is line imperfection in a crystal?
11. What is Magnitude of shear stress and principle plane?
12. Aim of value engineering?
13. MRP indicates?
14. What kind of turbine is Francis turbine?
15. What is the efficiency of self locking screw jack?
16. Physical significance of biot numbers?
17. What is the use of chip breaker?
18. What is Nussels numbers?
19. Eulers formula is applicable for which columns?
20. Ball bearing is made of which material?
21. Center of gravity of hemisphere having a radius R?
22. Circle in the imaginary circle in study of tooth gear?
Freshersworld.com : The No.1 Jobsite for Fresher Hiring in India
Freshersworld.com is the No.1 Jobsite for Freshers in India with over 1 Crore+ resumes and 60K+ recruiters hiring through us. Apply to Top MNC Jobs / Government jobs by registering now! What’s more? Get daily job alert, placement paper and GK updates every day on your email. Freshersworld.com is the only website for applying to Govt Jobs and top MNC Jobs all over India. Register Now to benefit from our unlimited fresher focussed services!