BEL Model Question Paper
1. Which one of the following is called the metal of future?
2. The earliest coins of India were made of ?
3. The Mongols appeared for the first time on the banks of Indus during the reign of?
(C) Qutubuddin Aibak
4. The first woman ruler of medieval India was?
(A) Chand Bibi
5. The Moplah Rebellion (1921) took place in?
6. Which part of the Constitutions of India has been described as the: Soul of the Constitution ?
(A) Directive principles of State policy
(B) Fundamental rights
(D) Right to constitutional remedies
7. The first state to implement the Panchayati Raj System in India was?
(A) Uttar Pradesh
8. Who has the right to seek advisory opinion of the Supreme Court on any question of law?
(A) Prime Minister
(C) Any High Court
(D) All of the above
9. Consider the following statements about the Governor of a State
1. He is appointed by the President.
2. He holds office at the pleasure of the President.
3. The executive power of the: State vests in him.
4. Normally he holds office for five years.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below
(A) l and 2
(B) 1,2 and 3
(C) 1,2 and 4
(D) All the four
10. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched ?
(B) Lucknow Gomti
11. Dilwara Jain temple is situated at?
(B) Mount Abu
12. Which one of the following is the biggest shipping canal in the world?
(A) Kiel Canal
(B) Panama Canal
(C) Soo Canal
(D) Suez Canal
13. Where was the battle of Plassey fought?
14. Who was the first Vice-President of India?
(A) Dr. S. Radhakrishnan
(B) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(C) C. V. Raman
(D) Jawahar Lal Nehru
15. What was the reason behind the mutiny of 1857?
(A) Cartridge containing fat
(B) Frustration in soldiers
(C) Failure of British Government
(D) Administrative research
16. For VHF interfering waves generated by automobile ignition systems or other electrical equipment located close to the ground, specify which of the following components of the interfering signal are significant at receiving locations such as used in the reception of TV signals:
1.Horizontal polarization component
2.Vertical polarization component
3. Both horizontal and vertical polarization components
4. Neither horizontal nor vertical polarization components
17. The ratio of lower frequency limit to the MUF for radio communication at short-wave is generally
1. Smaller at night than in the day time
2. Larger at night than in the day time
3. Same at night and in the day time
4. A maximum during the evening times
18. Two UHF amateur radio antenna placed at the same height and 30 statute miles apart are to be such that each is on the radio horizon line of the other. The height of the antennas should be
a. 56.25 ft
19. A transmitter with a radiated power of 1 KW produces a field strengthof 300 mv/m at a distance of 1 Km from the antenna. If the transmitter power is increased to 50 KW and the vertical directivity of the antenna is increased by a factor of 1.41, the field strength a the same distance from the antenna is approximately
a. 1.5 V/m
b. 2.115 V/m
c. 3.0 V/m
d. 6.0 V/m
20. The directive gains of non-resonant and resonant wire antennas of equal length are approximately in the ratio of
21.A simple wire radiator produces a radiation field of intensity 100 mV/m at a distance point 25 Km away. The field produced (in mV/m) at a point 50 Km away in the same direction is
22. Assuming the plane of polarization of the incoming wave and the plane of the receiving antenna to be the same, the effective height of the receiving antenna is proportional to
1. Radiation resistance
2. Power gain of the antenna
3. Physical area of the antenna
4. Wavelength, assuming other parameters being same
23. The function performed by the following circuits is
1. General combinational logic
2. Exclusive OR logic
3. Exclusive NOR logic
4. Digital comparator logic
24. Narrow trigger pulses are required to be generated from a square wave pluse train (pulse width = T). The linear wave shaping circuit would be an RC circuit (time constant = T) with the following features:
1. High pass with T << T
2. High pass with T >> T
3. Low pass with T >> T
4. Low pass with T << T
25. The circuit given below acts as
1. An OR gate
2. An AND gate
3. An inverter
4. A NOR gate
26. In the circuit shown below. if R = 0 and S = 1, the outputs Q and Q' will be
1. Q low, Q' high
2. Both low
3. Q high, Q' low
4. Both high
27. Schmitt trigger buffers are normally used as input buffers to digital logic circuit to achieve
1. Higher isolation
2. Higher fan-in-capability
3. Higher drive capability
4. Higher noise-immunity
28. For a reverse-biased PN junction. If the applied voltage is doubled the junction capacitance decreases by a factor of 2 ½. Assuming the junction acts as a parallel plate condenser, the average spacing between the plates changes by a factor of
29. Many frequency sources use a piezo-electric resonator in the feedback circuit essentially to achieve a
1. Miniature product
2. Low cost design
3. Stable frequency
4. Large output power
30. A pulse train has the following characteristics:
Peak amplitude = 10 V, Pulse ON time 1 sec
Pulse OFF time = 4 sec
The pulse train is passed through a high pass RC filter with a large time constant. The amplitude of the positive peak at the output will be
1. .10 V