BARC Previous Year Question Paper - Electronics
1. In a twisted ring counter the initial count is 1000. after the 4th clock pulse its state will be .
2. A 240 kHz signal is given into a 3 bit binary ripple counter. The lowest o/p freq obtainable is .
3. For parity bit checking which of the following gates can be used XOR/NAND/OR/XNOR.
4. Why is a BJT called so..
5. Identify the expression for gauge factor of a strain gauge among the given options.
6. In a semiconductor strain gauge as tensile strain is applied what changes take place in the n and p areas..
7. How does a radioactive level gauging system work
8. A capacitive transducer measuring level works on the principle of change in distance between plates/change in dielectric strength/
9. For maximum power transfer in an AC circuit the condition to be satisfied is ZL+ZS=0/XL+XS=0/none of these/ .where l and s refers to load and source respectively.
10. Find the transfer function from a block diagram.
11. Synchronous circuits are preferred to asynchronous circuits bcoz they are faster/glitches at the output can be avoided/both/none of these.
12. The lissajous figure formed on an oscilloscope looks like the English figure of 8. if the vertical channel input is 1 kHz the horizontal input freq is .
13. IE=IC for a transistor in saturation/cutoff/active/both saturation and active regions.
14. Reproducibility of measurements is called accuracy/precision/linearity/none of these.
15. Which of these is not strictly a static characteristic accuracy/precision/tolerance/linearity.
16. The shunt coil in a Q meter has resistance of the order of mO/O/kO/..
17. For measuring inductance of high Q coils the bridge used is Maxwell-wien/Schering/
18. Which of these measures inductance in terms of capacitance Maxwell and hay/Maxwell and Schering/hay and Schering/
19. In a flip-flop with preset and clear inputs both are applied simultaneously/clear is cleared when preset is applied/preset is cleared when clear is applied/ .
20.. Which of these values of ? gives damped oscillations: 0/1/1.6/0.6
21. For a transformer of ratio 1:a and excited by a source V with impedances Z1 and Z2 on the primary and secondary side value of a for maxm power transfer should be..
22. Fourier transform of cos(w0t) is
23. At t=0 the step response of a 1st order system is .
24. 555 can be used as a monostable/astable/freq dividing ckt/all of these.
25. In a PT when the secondary is open ckted with the primary excited what will happen.
26. If a system is marginally stable then the nature of oscillations will be
27. Linear encoders mostly use straight binary/BCD/gray code.
28. For an accelerometer working in displacement mode the ratio of forcing freq to natural freq should be ..
29. According to Eulers theory crippling or buckling load is ____ (Wcr = Cp2EI/l2)
30. During sensible heating, specific humidity_? (remains constant)