AT&T Placement Paper
1. Neither the plans / suits him and therefore / he decided not to / go out yesterday / No error
2. The Cabinet Ministers and the Prime Minister / was at the airport / to receive the foreign dignitary / No error
Ans : B
3. While proceeding on leave / he had orally committed that / he will resume after two days/No error
Ans : C
4. The number of people / applying were so large / that the college had to / stop issuing application forms / No error
5. a series of lectures / of Indian philosophy / are arranged by the University / No error
Directions 6-10: The following questions, consist of two words each that have a certain relationship to each other, followed by four lettered pairs of words. Select the lettered pair that has the same relationship as the original pair of words.
6. Illiterate : Uneducated
A) Country : State
B) City : Village
C) Palace : Hut
D) Vision : Sight
Ans : D
7. Money : Transaction
A) Life : Death
B) Water : Drink
C) Ideas : Exchange
D) Language : Conversation
8. Overlook : Aberration
A) Mitigate : Penitence
B) Condone : Offence
C) Error : Omission
D) Conviction : Criminal
9. Utopia : English
A) Odyssey : Greek
B) Tulsidas : Sanskrit
C) Monalisa : English
D) Dante : Latin
10. Sailor : Pirate
A) Police : Robbers
B) Lion : Lamb
C) Plant : Fungus
D) Major : Sepoy
Ans : C
Directions 11-12 : In each of the following questions, a sentence has been given in Active (or passive) voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested select the one which best express the same sentence in Passive (or Active) Voice.
11. I know him. A) He is known by me
B) He was known to me
C) He has been known by me
D) He is known to me
Ans : D
12. The residents celebrated the Independence Day
A) The Independence Day celebrated by the residents
B) The Independence Day was celebrated by the residents
C) The Independence Day has been celebrated by the residents
D) Celebration of Independence Day was done by the residents
Directions 13-15 : Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete
13. Even if rains all day I will not be able to .........................my journey
A) put by
B) put out
C) put off
D) put away
14. Help yourself....................whatever you can use without wasting
15. There is an exception............................every rule.
16. Find sum of 3 + 5/(1+22) + 7/(1 + 22 + 32) + ......
Ans. 3n/(1 + n)
17. Out of 55 eggs 5 are defective. what is % of defective eggs
18. 1/8 is divided by 's' , if 's' is increased by 2 times, what is the result.
Ans: increases two times
19. For each hour an watch is going slow by 30 seconds. Now time is 8a.m.What will be the actual time at 8p.m.
20. If a person walks at 4/5th of his usual spee he reaches 40min late. If he walks at his usual speed how much time does he travels.
Ans:160min or 2hr 40min
21. In a class 80% have passed english,70% passed Hindi 10% did not passed either. If 144 students passed both. What is the total strength of the class.
22. Find the least number when divided by 7 gives the reminder 6, when divided by 6 gives reminder 5, when divided by 5 gives reminder 4 and so on....
23. If a man stands in front of sun what is the first letter of the direction which is left to him:
24. Ravi's salary was reduced by 25%.Percentage increase to be effected to bring the salary to the original level is
(c) 33 1/3%
25. A and B can finish a piece of work in 20 days .B and C in 30 days and C and A in 40 days. In how many days will A alone finish the job
(b) 34 2/7