Accenture placements at G. Narayanamma College.Accenture written test pattern
Number of Questions
* Adaptive appearance of Questions: The level of difficulty of the question on-screen is a reflection of the performance in previous questions.
* The question on-screen has to be answered to proceed to the next question.
* A minimum of 15 questions must be solved per section and the remaining time will not be carried through.
Number of questions
Level of difficulty
2 sets with 4 questions each
Fill in the blanks appropriately
Rearrangement of scrambled sentences
Appropriate meaning of italicized word in sentence
Time is a deciding factor in the aptitude section.
* Problems on HCF and LCM: 4 questions (easy)
E.g: The LCM of two numbers is ___ and their HCF is ___. The numbers are ___.
* Work- men problems: 3 questions (moderate)
E.g: 4 men can do a work in 10 days and 12 women can do the same in 12 days. In how many days can 3 women and 2 men finish the job?
* Train and pole problems: 2 questions (easy)
* Number systems: 6 problems (moderate - tough)
E.g: Number of digits in 240.- [k3-1]/[k3+1] series approximate value.
* Probability: 3 (moderate)
* Permutations and Combinations: 4 questions (moderate)
* Clocks and angles problems: 2 questions (moderate - tough)
* Heights and distances: 1 question (moderate - tough)
* Basic Geometry [Triangles]: 1 question (moderate - tough)
* Blood relations: 6 questions (easy)
* Direction problems: 5 questions (easy)
* Logical arrangement of words: 3 (moderate)
E.g: Question: Options:
A) Success A) ABCD
B) Hard work B) DCBA
C) Obstacles C) DABC
D) Fame D) CBAD
* Number Series: 3 questions (easy)
E.g: 2 3 5 8 12
* Coding and Decoding: 2 questions (easy)
E.g: Paraplegic is cigelparap. Then epileptic is _______.
* Arrangement of people: 4 questions (tough)
E.g: 8 people A, B, C, D, E, F, G went to a party. 3 of them are male and there were two couples.
* Odd man out: 1 question (easy)
On the whole, the paper was at fairly reasonable level of difficulty. The scores are calculated in percentile. 60 percentile will ensure safety from elimination.
The following kind of questions were asked in the technical interview.
* Tell me about yourself?
* Percentage in Academics?
* Project Details?
* Technical Skills (Basic programming skills in C, C++)
Communication skills can prove to be a good asset in the technical round. Students are promoted to the next rounds based on their communication skills rather than technical performance in the technical round.
* Tell me about yourself?
* Why Accenture?
* Tell us your strengths and weaknesses?
* Why software?
* Career short term goals and long term goals?
Answer these questions or the likes successfully and you are in!
A total of 585 students appeared for the written test. 160 cleared the test and 138 students got placed.
Package: 3 lakhs per annum and postings will be made in June, 2011
for more details please do contact