ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY
- 2005 The European Huygens space probe lands on Saturn's moon Titan
- 1559 Elizabeth I is crowned Queen of England
- 1953 Tito becomes President of Yugoslavia
- Indian Railways signs MoU with RailTel for Phase 2 of e-Office Execution. The phase 1 of NIC e-office execution started with a mandate to complete the work by March 2020.
- Microsoft hunts for Unicorns in Tier 2 Cities in India, selects 54 startups. The tech giant's 'Highway to a Hundred Unicorns' startup programme has selected 54 startups from Tier 2 cities, who would get access to a host of business and tech benefits.
- China launches driverless bullet train. The high-speed bullet train, which connects Beijing with Zhangjiakou, two of the main host cities of the Winter Olympics - slashes the journey time from 3 hours to just 47 minutes.
- CCI orders antitrust probe against Amazon, Flipkart. The antitrust body said it was ordering a wider probe follow a review of allegations that Amazon and Flipkart were promoting some “preferred sellers” and in turn hitting business of other smaller sellers.
- Indian Oil Corp launches special NATO class diesel for Indian Navy. The fuel possesses the best rheological and detergent characteristics validated against most stringent military specifications.
- Ariane rocket to launch ISRO’s GSAT-30 satellite on January 17. GSAT-30 is to serve as a replacement to INSAT-4A spacecraft services with enhanced coverage.