ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY
- 1979 The compact disc is presented to the public
- 1910 Raymonde de Laroche becomes the first woman with a pilot's license
- 1817 The New York Stock Exchange is founded
- Assam to come up with 140 MW solar power project at Dima Hasao district and at Amguri in Sivasagar. Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal administered the agreement signing for two solar power projects of 70 MW each at Dima Hasao district and at Amguri in Sivasagar district.
- COVID-19: Haj House to become 500-bed isolation centre. The Ghaziabad district administration will set up a 500-bed isolation centre at Ala Hazrat Haj House in Arthala here to combat the coronavirus, officials said.
- Puneeth Rajkumar named brand ambassador for Chamarajanagar District. Actor accepts request from new DC to highlight development efforts and plans for the comprehensive development of the region besides taking steps for conservation of natural resources, environment and wildlife, and beautification of towns and urban areas.
- ED expands YES Bank probe, searches homes of Rana Kapoor's three daughters. The source said the searches are being carried out at the residential premises of all three daughters -- Rakhee Kapoor Tandon, Roshni Kapoor and Radha Kapoor