Tell me about yourself Interview Questions and Answers 2021:
The first question asked in each interview is usually always, for freshers or experienced persons is ‘’Tell me about yourself” or “Introduce yourself” and some other different ways “ Walk me through your resume”, “Tell Me Something About Yourself that’s not on your resume” and “How would you describe yourself?”.
The main idea behind asking this question is for the interviewer to get a little idea about you, your confidence level, and your communication level. And of course, it saves a lot of time spent on reading resumes.
The people who have experience in their fields will mostly get to know the answer to this question. The main problem is facing by recently passed out candidates to answer “ Tell Me Something About Yourself? “.
So we are going to help you understand how to answer this question in the best possible way so that your interviewer gets to know the highlights about you in just those few sentences. We will help you form a template for this answer and fill it up with relevant and necessary details for each interview.
Tips to remember Freshers " How to Introduce yourself " in Interview:
Tips to remember Experienced Candidates How to Introduce yourself:
So how do you answer “Tell me about yourself”? for freshers:
How do you project an image of a pleasing, confident personality without sounding arrogant or impatient? Let’s have a look.
1. At first, begin your answer only when the interviewer fully stops speaking, and begin by thanking the interviewer.
2. Next, mention your Full Name along with where you come from– Pay attention to your grammar and do not use ‘myself so and so’. Instead, say ‘ I am’ or ‘My name is’. Mention the place you belong to.
3. Next, talk about your highest qualification – and especially emphasize the skills helpful for this job.
For example: I am a software engineer with certification in Java, or I am a commerce graduate with the highest ranking in my university and pursuing a diploma in Project management. You can write about 2 sentences maximum for this part, and make sure you include the most relevant, important, and that part of your resume that will arouse curiosity.
4. Explain about your project work. What you have done in the project, what skills have you used to complete your project, and How it is beneficial to the company?
5. If you have Attended or participated in any college events and got any prizes or achievements you got can mention them in your self-introduction candidate.
6. The last but also the most important part of your introduction, mention some of your Hobbies.
For Example: ‘During my free time, I like to read and listen to music or something like, ‘I am passionate about traveling and when I am not working, I like to travel or write travel blogs. I am also learning music these days.
An answer like this will tell that you have a creative side to yourself and are someone who likes to broaden horizons and explore.
7. The toughest part is the ending of your introduction. Though you can simply do it by stopping after your last sentence, if you have to make an impact, you should pay attention to ending your introduction properly. You can mention your reason for being interested in this profession, or your role model, or also your goal.
For Example: I am passionate about entering the world of websites and contributing towards making a social impact on your users, or something like – That’s all about me, I wish to utilize my skills, learn and grow together with your company and provide top-notch services to your clients.
How to answer “Tell me about yourself”? for Experienced Candidates:
1. It is very important to know about the company, what industry they are into? what are their products? and achievements will be an added advantage.
2. At first, begin your answer only when the interviewer fully stops speaking, and begin by thanking the interviewer.
3. Next, mention your Full Name along with where you come from– Pay attention to your grammar and do not use ‘myself so and so’. Instead, say ‘ I am’ or ‘My name is. Mention the place you belong to.
4. Then you can talk about your experience – start with the number of years and you handled projects. The skills used to reach companies & your targets, goals, and get better results. If you got any recognition from the company for your achievement you can mention those details also.
5. Next, talk about your highest qualification with specialization (If you have dual specialization you can mention both).
6. By mentioning some of your hobbies it will help to weightage to your resume. If you mention some of the skill improvements related to the work-life 1 or 2 points will get a better impression of the interviewer. Apart from professional life, you can mention your hobbies.
For Professional Life Examples: Following some blogs, attending some classes, etc.
For Personal Life Examples: reading books, listening to music, watching movies, traveling, playing sports, etc.
By mentioning some team player games or sports, it can increase your team player ability in an interviewer’s point.
7. While ending you are “ tell me about yourself interview question “, if you have to make an impact, you should pay attention to ending your introduction properly. You can mention your reason for being interested in this profession, or your role model, or also your goal
That’s all about me, I wish to utilize my skills, learn and grow together with your company and provide top-notch services to your clients.
It’s a good idea for both fresher and experienced candidates to prepare your answer to this question ahead of time. It’s often used as an ice-breaker, so make sure to share interesting bits about your personal life and to also smoothly move it towards the interviewer’s curiosity. Don’t overdo your answer. Before the interview, consider a few personality assets you believe the hiring manager will value and outline them briefly by being concise. Remember that the interviewer can always ask more questions if one of your points intrigues him or her.
So the most important catch is, be truthful. Stay positive, relax and smile.
Don’t do these mistakes in your self-introduction interview:
1. Try to avoid your gestures.
2. If you want to tell some negative things about the company, try to explain how to make it improvisation way.
3. Never show your attitude.
4. Don’t make a low and loud voice.
5. Fumbling over the morning and afternoon.
Start applying for jobs now and crack your introduction round with ease.
Apply for jobs from freshersworld.com
Tell Me bout Your Self sample answers for Freshers & Experienced Candidates:
Good morning Sir,
First of all, I would like to thank you for giving me an opportunity to introduce myself.
My name is Ankitha, I am from Hyderabad.
I am pursuing my undergraduate graduation in Information Technology from CSI Institute of Technology.
I did my Intermediate from State Board with 72% & High school from State Board with 75%.
I like computers Because, In my schooling days, I scored High marks in that subject compared to Maths, physics.
My Hobbies are playing shuttle, having a passion for music, and teaching kids.
My Strength takes Initiative to work independently, Good leadership skills, Adaptable to any kind of situation in an estranged group & Helping tendencies.
My Weakness is I am not comfortable until I finish my work in the given time & am friendly in nature.
My Short term goal is to get a job in a reputed company.
My Long term goal is to become a more responsible and knowledgeable personality and in a respectable position in my company.
That's all about me!
Thank you very much for giving me a great opportunity to introduce myself behind you.
Good Evening sir/madam.
First of all, I would like to thank you for introducing me.
I am Ramesh pursuing my BE final year in the stream of computer science with 7. 38 CGPA.
My strengths are being hard-working, easily adaptable to any kind of environment, and team worker.
My weakness is I am not comfortable until I finish my work in the given time.
My short-term goal is to get a job in a reputable company.
My long-term goal is to become a responsible & knowledgeable personality & a respected position in my company.
My hobbies are listening to music and spending time with my friends.
I am Varsha, I was born and raised in Hyderabad, and currently, I am pursuing B.E in computer engineering, from IIT Madras, with an aggregate of 70% till the eighth semester.
I have done my schooling from K. V. Damoh with 85% marks in 12th.
Talking about my family, my family consists of four members including me and my younger sister. My father is a station manager in Indian railways and my mother is a housewife.
My hobbies include sketching and playing cricket. I played at cluster level at school and university level at college.
Coming to my strengths and weaknesses, my strengths are. I am a good learner, innovative, I have a positive attitude, and committed to my work. My weakness is procrastination and I am a bit selfish too.
My ultimate goal is to do work that I like to do and your company can provide me that opportunity.
That's all about myself, my quote is "Life is all about grabbing the opportunity". Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to introduce myself.