1st Jan 2020
ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY
- 1999 The Euro becomes the official currency in 11 countries
- 1993 Czechoslovakia is dissolved
- 1912 Republic of China is founded
- India commences the world’s largest-ever vaccination program to control FMD and Brucellosis. The program aims to give vaccination to 100% cattle, buffalo, sheep, goat and pig population for FMD and 100% bovine female calves of 4-8 months of age for brucellosis.
- Reliance starts kirana-led retail venture Jio Mart. The initial test-market for the platform is Kalyan, Navi Mumbai and Thane, and this will be scaled up nationally soon. Nirmala Sitharaman unveils ?102 lakh crore worth infra projects for next 5 years
- CAD narrows to 0.9% of GDP in July-Sept on lower trade deficit: RBI. India's current account deficit excess of imports over exports contracted to 0.9 per cent of its GDP for the quarter ended September 2019, compared to a deficit of 2.9 per cent of GDP, in the same period of year ago as the trade deficit contracted due to slowdown in imports and lower oil prices.
- India will launch Chandrayaan-3 in 2020, according to Union Minister Jitendra Singh, asserting that the mission cost will be less than Chandrayaan-2.