ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY
- 1985 The U.K. miners' strike ends
- 1974 All 345 people on board a Turkish Airlines jet die as it plunges to the ground near Paris, France
- 1938 The world's fastest steam locomotive is built
- In Tamil Nadu, primary health centres have now been transformed into Ayushman Bharat health and wellness centres. A total of 1,384 existing PHC and 460 urban PHCs across Tamil Nadu have been transformed and will now screen for diabetes, hypertension and cancer and also provide trauma care.
- Delhi Assembly panel to launch number, email ID for hate message complaints. AAP's Saurabh Bharadwaj said after scrutiny of complaints, the committee will send them to the police for criminal prosecutions.
- Govt allows onion exports from March 15, removes MEP as prices fall. The government last week decided to lift ban on export of onions in view of projected sharp fall in prices due to bumper rabi crop
- RBI receives Rs 1.71 trn in third LTRO conducted for Rs 25,000 crore.The central bank received 66 bids in the three-year tenor LTRO, which has reversal date on March 1, 2023. The total bids that were received amounted to Rs 1,71,965 crore, implying a bid to cover ratio of 6.9
- International Archer Jyothi Surekha creates new records. By scoring 709 out of 720 points, she created a new national record in the world cup selection trials. The archer has been selected for participation in the Archery World Cup Stage 2 to be conducted in May at Antalya of Turkey.