ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY
- 2001 An earthquake devastates El Salvador
- 1915 The worst earthquake in Italian history kills 30,000
- 2000 Bill Gates steps down as CEO of Microsoft
- Four rockets hit Iraq base hosting US troops. Military bases hosting US troops have been subject to volleys of rocket and mortar attacks in recent months that have mostly wounded Iraqi forces, but also killed one American contractor last month
- Chinese navy commissions first fourth generation destroyerThe warship named 'Nanchang' was commissioned by People's Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) in the port city of Qingdao
- Bumrah receives Polly Umrigar and Dilip Sardesai awards at BCCI Annual awards.
- Polly Umrigar award is presented to the best male International cricketer and it carries a citation, trophy and cash prize.
- BCCI set to appoint Madan Lal, Gautam Gambhir as CAC members
- While Madan Lal, the 1983 World Cup winner also served as India coach in the 1990s, Gambhir was the only Indian and one of four international cricketers to have scored hundreds in five consecutive Test matches.
- LCA MK1 achieves milestone by undertaking maiden ski-jump take-off from INS Vikramaditya. The naval version of the indigenously-built LCA Tejas successfully took off from the "ski-jump" deck of the aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya in a big leap in overall development of the jet.