NIIT PAPER ON 14TH FEBRUARY AT NEWDELHI
NIIT Technologies: written exam pattern.
Approximately 700 students appeared for the exam and 70 were selected.
There was high sectional cut-off.
Prepare well for the written exam and this document will surely help you.
This is my experience of NIIT written exam held on 14-02-08 at JIMS, rohini, New Delhi.
The written exam was held in two sessions each of 30 minutes.
(i) CIA 36 questions
(ii) Aptitude 38 questions
It consists of 36 question based on pattern. Figures were given in a 3X3 matrix form.
In which 8 figures were provided and we have to get the 9th one from the options provided against them.
Right Answer is: 1
* Questions were not as simple as the above question. This question is just an example.
There were 36 such questions to be answered in 30 min.
Immediately after completing it, second question paper of Aptitude was distributed to us.
(II) Aptitude -It consists of 4 parts:
(a) English 5 questions
(b) Critical reasoning 5 questions
(c) Mathematical ability 10 questions
(d) Aptitude 10 questions
(e) Technical questions 5-8 questions
It consists of synonyms, antonyms in the form of fill in the blanks.
There was one critical reasoning question from GRE Barrons book.
Information/clues in the form of paragraph was given:
A committee of 3 is to be made from two different universities ..
Committee members cannot be from the same field ..
And 5 questions based on it.
Four options were provided:
A: if A is greater then B
B: if B is greater then A
C: if they both are equal.
D: if detail provided is not sufficient.
And questions were like:
Given number is a even number and a multiple of 3
Remainder when the number is divided by 12.
5-6 such questions were there.
It consists of:
Mathematical Aptitude questions from R.S. Aggarwal.
Questions were based on:
· Work and wages: A printing machine prints 3000 pages in 4 hours
· Profit and Loss: retailer buys certain product from wholesalers with --% in marked price. Customer buys the same produce from retailer with --%........
· A simple equation in two variable question:
· Compound Interest: if cost of petrol and diesel now is Rs X and Rs Y then if increasing rate of petrol is R%. Then in how much time there cost would be equal?
· DS: print in-order rep. of a given tree.
· OS: A question based on virtual memory.
· DATABASE: A question on normalization.
· C: simple output based questions.