1. After walking 6 kms, I turned right and travelled a distance of 2 kms, then turned left and covered a distance of 10 km. In the end I was moving towards the north. From which direction did I start my journey?
a. North b. South c. South-West d. North-East
2. Raju who is facing east, turns 1000 in the anti-clock-wise direction and then 1450 in the clock-wise direction. Which direction is he facing now?
a. South-East b. South c. North-West d. West
3. From her school Meenu walks 20 metres towards north. She, then turns left and walks 40 metres. She again turns left and walks 20 metres. Further she moves 20 metres after turning to the right. How far is she from her original position?
a. 20m b. 30m c. 50m d. 60m
4. A watch shows 4.30. If the minute hand points to east, in what direction will the hour hand point?
A. North-West b. South-East c. North-East d. North
5. On an election day Santhosh walked from a place, 10 km towards South to reach the polling station, then turned left upto 2 km, then took a right turn, and took another 4 kms walk. Again he turned right and walked for 12 kms and took a 14 km walk by turning to North, and there he could see the polling station at a 12 km distance after taking a right turn. In which direction is the polling station situated?
a.North b.East c.South d.West
6. One evening, two friends Riya and Priya were talking to each other, with their backs towards each other, sitting in a park. If Riya’s shadow was exactly to the left of her, then which direction was Priya facing?
7. Two buses start from the opposite points of a main road, 150kms apart. The first bus runs for 25kms and takes a right turn and then runs for 15 kms. It then turns left and runs for another 25 kms and takes the direction back to reach the mai road. In the meantime, due to a minor breakdown, the other bus has run only 35 kms along the main road. What would be the distance between the two buses at this point?
A. 65kms b. 75kms c. 80 kms d. 85kms
8. Fifteen boys are standing in a row facing opposite direction alternately from left to right. If the fourth boy from left is facing towards the east then the fifth boy from the right is facing which direction?
a.South b. North-west c. East d. None of these
9. Vishwanath was walking on the road early morning after the sunrise and his shadow was failing to his left. Which direction was he facing?
a.East b. North c. West d. Either East or West
Answer & Explanations
1. Ans: (b).
2. Ans: (a).
3. Ans: (d)
4. Ans: (c)
5. Ans: (b)
6. Expl: Riya’s shadow fell to her left i.e. towards East (as it was evening). So, Riya was facing South. As Priya had her back towards Riya, hence, Priya was facing North.
Let X and Y be two buses.
Bus X travels along the path PA, AB, BC, CD.
So, PD=PA+AD=50 km.
Bus Y travels 35 km upto E.
Therefore, distance between two buses= PQ- (PD+QE)= (150-(50+35))=65 km.
8. Ans: e
Fifth boy from right means
(15-5)+1= 11th boy from left.
According to question
4th boy from the left is facing towards the east. It implies that the boys standing at even positions from left are facing towards east and those standing at odd positions are facing towards west. Therefore, fifth boy from the right (11th boy from left) would face towards west.
9. Ans: b.
In the morning hour the shadow of any object is formed towards west.
According to question, to the left of Vishwanath is the west. Therefore, he was facing towards north.