1. Pointing to Manju, Raju said, “The son of her only brother is the brother of my wife”. How is Manju related to Raju?
d.Sister of father-in-law
2. Introducing a man to her husband, a woman said, “His brother’s father is the only son of my grandfather.” How is the woman related to this man?
3. How is Radha’s mother’s mother’s daughter-in-law’s daughter related to Radha?
4. A is the husband of B. E is the daughter of C. A is the father of C. How is B related to E?
5. Mr.Ramu’s mother’s father-in-law’s only son’s only daughter’s son is Chetan. How is Ramu related to Chetan?
e.Cannot be determined
Refer to the data below and answer the questions that follow.
A, B, C, D, E, F and G are the seven members of a family. There are two married couple and two children in the 3rd generation.
G is B’s mother.
D is E’s mother.
F is C’s son
B is E’s Aunt.
6. How is D related to B?
7. If C is B’s husband, how is F related to E?
d.Cannot be determined
8. If A is G’s son, how is A related to F?
9. Who is E’s father? (Use the data if necessary from the previous question)
10. How many females are there in the family? (Use the data if necessary from the previous question)
d.Cannot be determined
Answer & Explanations
1. Ans: d.
Brother of Raju’s wife- Raju’s brother-in-law; Son of Manju’s brother is the brother-in-law of Raju. So Manju’s brother is Raju’s father-in-law ie, Manju is the sister of Raju’s father-in-law.
2. Ans: c
Only son of her grandfather – her father; man’s brother’s father- man’s father. So, man’s father is her father ie, She is the man’s sister.
3. Ans:c. Mother’s mother- grandmother; grandmother’s daughter-in- law’s daughter- grandmother’s son’s daughter- Radha’s cousin.
4. Ans: b. Couples A-B; A is the father of C; C’s daughter is E. So, E’s grandmother is B.
5. Ans: a. Mr. Ramu’s mother’s father-in-law’s only son is Ramu’s father. Ramu’s father’s only daughter is Ramu’s sister. Ramu’s sister’s son is Chetan. Hence, Ramu is uncle of Chetan.
6. Ans: d. B may be E’s maternal or parental aunt making (a) or (b) possible. But we do not know which one is correct.
7. Ans:c. B is E’s aunt and F is B and C’s son. Hence E and F are cousins.
8. Ans:a. A is G’s son, that is B’s brother, and F is B’s son. Hence, A is F’s uncle.
9. Ans:b. One of the married couples is B-C. The other couple must be D-A, where D is E’s mother.
10. Ans:d. We know that G, B and D are women. We also know that A,C and F
are men. We do not know the gender of E.