ITBP Previous Paper - Elementary Mathematics
1. A group of boys contributed as many rupees each for their trip as they were in number. The total collection came to Rs. 841. How many boys were there in the group?
2. If 'x' men can do a piece of work in 8 days and x+4 men can do the same work in 6 days. Then x is equal to
3. In a triangle, two sides of 12 cm and 5 cm are at right angles. If the triangle is revolved along the 12cm side, the curved surface of the cone so formed will be
(A) 156 cm2
(B) 78 cm2
(C) 65 cm2
(D) 130 cm2
4. Two men together start a journey in the same direction. They travel 9 and 15 kilometer/ day respectively daily. After traveling for 6 days the man traveling 9 km/day doubles his speed and both of them finish the distance, in the same time. Find the number of days taken by them to reach the destination.
5. In an examination it is required to get 40% of the aggregate marks to pass. A student gets 265 marks and is declared fail by 55 marks. What is the maximum aggregate marks a student can get?
6. A reduction of Rs. 2 per kg in the price of sugar enables a man to purchase 4 kg more sugar now in Rs. 16. What was the original price of sugar?
(A) Rs. 16 per kg
(B) Rs. 8 per kg
(C) Rs. 4 per kg
(D) Rs. 2 per kg
7. 33% marks are required to pass an examination. A candidate who gets 210 marks, fails by 21 marks. What are the total marks for the examination ?
8. Four prime numbers are arranged in ascending order. The product of first three is 385 and that of last three is 1001. The largest prime number is:
9. One litre of water is evaporated from a 6 litre solution containing 4% sugar. The percentage of sugar in the remaining solution is
(A) 24/5 %
(B) 4 %
(C) 3 %
(D) 10/3 %
10. When water is changed into ice, its volume increases by 9%. If ice changes into water, the percentage decrease in volume is:
(D) 900/ 109 %
11. A watch becomes fast by 5 minutes every day. By what per cent does it become fast?
(A) 50/144 %
(C) 1/12 %
(D) 5/24 %
12. A bag contains 25 paise. 10 paise and 5 paise coins in the ratio 1 : 2 : 3. If their total value is Rs. 30, the number of 5 paise coins is:
13. The temperature of a place increases uniformly from 210C to 380C from 9 am to 2 pm. What was the temperature at noon?
14. The sum of four consecutive even numbers is 156. what is the value of thrice the larget even number ?
15. Train fare between nagpar and Nasik for one child. I f aduls train fare is Rs.102 how much amount will be paid by 3 adults and 4 children together for travelling the same distance ?
16. 1148 28 1408 32 = ?
17. 3.2% of 500 2.4% of ? = 288
18. In a mixture of 60 liters the ratio of milk and water is 2 : 1. If this ratio is to be 1: 2, then the quantity of water (in liters) to be further added is
19. A sum of Rs. 800 amounts to Rs. 920 in three years at S.I. If the rate of interest is increased by 5% then the amount will increase to
(A) Rs. 950
(B) Rs. 980
(C) Rs. 1010
(D) Rs. 1040
20. Price of food grains have risen by 10% and of other items of consumption by 15%. If the ratio of an employee's expenditure on food grains and other items is 2:5, by how much should his salary be increased so that he may maintain the same level of consumption as before, assuming that his present salary is Rs. 3500?
(A) Rs. 300
(B) Rs. 350
(C) Rs. 375
(D) Rs. 475
21. 25% of 424 - ?% of 454 = 37.9
22. A house owner wants to get his house painted. He is told that this would require 25 kg of paint. Allowing for 15% wastage and assuming that the paint is available in 2kg tins, the number of tins required for painting the house is ?