ECIL is one of the fortune core company for ECE students. On 26th December 2010 ECIL conducted written test for the declared vacancies. The written test conducted was fully tecnical and it was very basic and easy. I advice the aspirants preparing for government technical exams not to be scared of this exam, as it is very easy. The whole exam touched basics only. I am sharing the questions what I remember. The written test has a total of 50 questions. Major portion of the questions are related to digital electronics, Opamps, network analysis, EMF & transmission lines
1) Isotopes have _____?
a) unequal protons b) unequal electrons c) equal electrons and unequal neutrons d) none
2) Which of the following have least ripple factor?
a) Half wave rectifier b) Fullwave rectifier c) Bridge rectifier d) Transformer tuned rectifier
3) Which of the following has nonlinear output?
a) Differentiator b) Integrator c) mixer d) Class A amplifier
4) What is the gray code for 5?
5) Unambigious range when PRF=2KHZ is ___ ?
6) Phase sensitive demodulators is used in instruments___?
a) To measure phase angle between two AC signals b) AM demodulators c) PM demodulators d) None
7) In a transmission line maximum power is delivered to load when standing wave ratio is ____?
a) 1:1 b) 2:1 c) 1:2 d) 1:sqrt (2)
8) To design a 16KB memory system using chips having 12 address lines and 4 data lines, the number of such chips required_______?
a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 4
9) A 1mw signal is attenuated at the rate of 5dB/1000ft. What is the power level into receiver that is 6000ft from signal source_____?
a) -10dBm b) -20dBm c) -30dBm d) -6dBm
10) Dominant form of distortion in simple Push-Pull Amplifier____?
11) When the transmissionline is lossless relation between R,L,G and C---?
12) v(t)=2sin(2000wt)+0.3cos(4000piet)+0.1 find sampling frequency____?
13) At what condition gain of feedback system =(1/B)___?
a) AB<<1 b) AB>>1 c) B>>1 d) A>>1
14) RAID configuration of disks are used to provide___?
15) To store a floating point number, in a computer system, having 16-bit mantissa and 8-bit exponent(each in 2's complement) what are the smallest and largest positive values which can be stored___?
16) Semaphores are used for___?
17) For a 13-bit DAC(0-10v) when a binary input increased by 1 output(V0) increases by ____?
18) For a coaxial cable Z0(charecteristic impedance)=75ohms, (load impedance)ZL=75ohms and connected source is 10V DC then V0(output)=___?
19) Rise time =2*10^(-7) find bandwidth==?
20) Rise time for 1st order system when 1v input is 1second and for 2v input is ___?
21) X(t) is the input function and h(t) is the impuse response for the system, then output can be found using____?
22) (Z)^-1 represents___?
23) A source 10Sqrt(2) sin(wt) having internal resistance 10+40i is connected with a load 10-40i, find the optimum power delivered to the load___?
24) Two voltages sources 0f 1.5v having internal resistances each 0.3ohm and 0.6ohm are connected in parallel. A 0.8ohm is connected accross the combination, find the heat generated___?
25) Four easy questions on OPAMP circuits----!(on schmitt trigger, Integrator, find Zin)
26) Given UV light frequency and asked frequency____?
27) In a meadium having Er=2 and Ur=2(Relative permitivity and relative permiability) find the velocity of the wave____?
28) A question on Zenor diode (asked max and min load currents)?
Freshersworld.com : The No.1 Jobsite for Fresher Hiring in India
Freshersworld.com is the No.1 Jobsite for Freshers in India with over 1 Crore+ resumes and 60K+ recruiters hiring through us. Apply to Top MNC Jobs / Government jobs by registering now! What’s more? Get daily job alert, placement paper and GK updates every day on your email. Freshersworld.com is the only website for applying to Govt Jobs and top MNC Jobs all over India. Register Now to benefit from our unlimited fresher focussed services!