General Knowledge Questions and Answers from Indian History
1. In which year did Semi-permanent settlements come up in Africa, Asia and Europe in the year?
Ans : 10,000 BC
2. Greek civilization was flourished in the year ________ ?
Ans : 800 BC
3. Rome was founded in the year ___ ?
Ans : 753 BC
4. In the year ______, Victoria becomes queen of British empire.
Ans : 1837 AD
5. Suez canal opened in the year ______ .
Ans : 1869 AD
6. Queen Victorias Golden Jubliee was held in the year ______.
Ans : 1887 AD
7. The Eiffel Tower is built in ________.
Ans : 1889 AD
8. New Zeland becomes first country to grant woman to right to vote in the year _____.
Ans : 1869
9. World War I commenced in
Ans : 1914
10. Who is considered the "Father of the Constitution"?
Ans : James Madison
11. Who was first to reach the South Pole?
Ans : Capt. Amundsen
12. Which was the Napoleon last battle in which he was captured and exiled to St Helena?
Ans : Battle of Waterloo
13. Around 1000 AD, which of these empires was the predominant power of mainland southeast Asia?
Ans : Khmer
14. The first battle of which war was the Battle of Alma?
Ans : Crimean war
15. Buckingham Palace became the official royal residence during the reign of which British monarch?
Ans : Queen Victoria
16. In which year Bangladesh was formed as Separate Country?
Ans : 1971
17. The First Triumvirate was established in 60 B.C. by Julius Caesar, Marcus Licinius Crassus, and this Roman general and consul. He was one of Caesar's many enemies and his son-in-law,he became a ruler of Rome. Who was he?
Ans : Pompey
18. What was the other name given to the French and Indian War (1756-1763)?
Ans : The Seven Years' War
19. During which war in 1870 was the Battle of Sedan fought?
Ans : Franco Prussian war
20. The 1513 Battle of Flodden Field was the largest battle (in terms of numbers) ever fought between which two countries?
Ans : England and Scotland
21. This Russian ruler was the first to be crowned Czar(Tsar) when he defeated the boyars (influential families) in 1547. Who was he?
Ans : Ivan IV (the Terrible)
22. The dominant civilization in the central valley of Mexico was which of the following by 1000 AD?
Ans : Toltec
23. The Great Pyramid of Giza was built for which Egyptian ruler?
Ans : Cheops
24. The first king of modern Greece, Otto I, was the son of King Ludwig I of which state?
Ans : Bavaria
25. Name the person who built Fort Necessity.
Ans : George Washington
26. Bhumibol Adulyadej is the longest-reigning monarch in which country's history?
Ans : Thailand