1. Which major latitude passes at the south of the southernmost point of peninsular India, that is kanyakumari?
Ans : Equator
2. The pass located at the southern end of the Nilgiri Hills in south India is called?
Ans : Palghat gap
3. Singhbhum and Hazaribagh in Jharkhand are famous for reserve of particular non-ferrous mineral. Identify the mineral?
Ans : copper
4. In which river in India the Salal project is constructed on?
Ans : Chenab
5. The percentage of earth surface covered by India is?
Ans : 2.4%
6. The India's higest annual rainfall is reported at ?
Ans : Mawsynram, Meghalaya
7. Which authority in India is reported responsible for the set up the refineries Mathura, Digboi and Panipat?
Ans : Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
8. Who is known as "Father of white Revolution" in India?
Ans : V. Kurien
9. The Radcliffe line is boundary between?
Ans : India and Pakistan
10. Identify the Gulf that has a potential for harnessing of tidal energy in India?
Ans : Gulf of Cambay
11. The state having largest area of forest cover in India is ?
Ans : Madhya Pradesh
12. Which year is called a Great Divide in the demographic history in India?
Ans : 1921
13.Which is the only state in India that produces saffron?
Ans : Jammu and Kashmir
14. Three important rivers of the India subcontinent have their sources near the Mansarover Lake in the Great Himalayas.
Ans : Brahmaputra, Indus and Sutlej
15. The zonal soil type pf penisular India belongs to ?
Ans : Red soil
16. Which food grain crop is occupied the largest part of the cropped area in India?
Ans : Rice
17. The number of major languages, recognized in the Indian Union as official language, are
Ans : 22
18. Which state in India has the largest number of district?
Ans : Uttar Pradesh
19. The oldest rocks in India are reported from
Ans : Dharwar region, Karnataka
20.which atomic power station in India is built completely indigenously?
Ans : Kalpakkam