Frequently asked General knowlege Questions and answers from various Competative Exam
1. The representative of the crown came to be called as 'viceroy' instead of 'governor general' from the period .....?
ANSWER :- 1858
2. The 'Vernacular Press Act' was passed in India during the period of _____
ANSWER :- Lord Lytton
3. Lord Curzon became the viceroy of India after ____
ANSWER :- Loed Elgin -II
4. The non-cooperation movement was accepted by the congress party in its ____ session.
ANSWER :- Nagpur
5. The river known as 'Sorrow of Bihar' is ___
ANSWER :- Kosi
6. The man named as 'Father of Indian archaeology' is ___
ANSWER :- Alexander Cunningham
7. The mountain ranges in the eastern part of India forming its boundary with Myanmar are collectively called as?
ANSWER :- Purvachal
8. Which one of the following lakes is a salt water lake?
ANSWER :- Sambhar
9. The first population census was taken in India in the year?
ANSWER :- 1872
10. The country which has higher average population density than India is ____?
ANSWER :- Bangladesh
11. In which district of Kerala, Edakkal is situated?
ANSWER :- Wayanad
12. The rights of minorities to establish and administer educational institutions in guaranteed in the ?
ANSWER :- Article 30
13. The statement "Eternal Vigilance is the Price of liberty" means:
ANSWER :- People should be conscious of their rights
14. The assets of a dead man without heir or will undertaken by the state is called ?
ANSWER :- Escheats
15. The Principle of Rule of Law implies?
ANSWER :- All should be treated as equals
16. Who among the following formulated 'People's Plan'?
ANSWER :- M.N.Roy
17. Which of the following is not established by the constitution of India?
ANSWER :- Planning Commission
18. Parliamentary Committee on Subordinate Legislation came into existence in ?
ANSWER :- 1969
19. Judicial Review Power of the Supreme Court relates to ?
ANSWER :- Constitutional Validity of law
20. The minimum age required to be eligible to contest Presidential election in India is ?
ANSWER :- 35 Years
21. The National Human Rights Commission was established in ?
ANSWER :- 1993
22. "Optical Phenomenon" in the fringe pattern of CD is:
ANSWER :- Interference
23. The Weakest force among the following?
ANSWER :- Gravitational
24. Exchange Particle in Quark-Quark Interaction?
ANSWER :- Gluon
25. Special Theory of Relatively was proposed in ?
ANSWER :- 1905
26. IRADIAN is ?
ANSWER :- 57.3
27. For liquids, both Cofficient of Viscosity and Surface Tension ?
ANSWER :- Decreases with increase in temperature
28. Fraction of volume of ice seen outside when immersed in water?
ANSWER :- 10.5%
29. Celsius and Fahrenheit show the same temperature at ?
ANSWER :- -40
30. ____ occurs when source of light approach an observer?
ANSWER :- Blue Shift
31. Which colour indicate Highest Temperature?
ANSWER :- Dull Red
32. The country that declared the year 2013 as National Year of Rice?
ANSWER :- Philippines
33. The chairman of the joint parliamentary committee on the 2G scam?
ANSWER :- P.C.Chacko
34. The first Aadhaar number holder Ranjana Sadasiv Sonawne belongs to ?
ANSWER :- Maharastra
35. The legless amphibian reported from Meghalaya by a Malayalee Scientist ?
ANSWER :- Chikilidae
36. Arogyakeralam award instituted by the Government of Kerala is given to ?
ANSWER :- Local Bodies
37. The director of the film Celluloid?
ANSWER :- Kamal
38. India's 100th successful space mission was on ?
ANSWER :- 9th September 2012
39. Name the first private person of India who was given 'Z' security cover by the Union Government?
ANSWER :- Mukesh Ambani
40. 'Saraswati Samman' 2012 was awarded to poet Sugathakumari for her work?
ANSWER :- Manalezhuthu
41. Olympics 2012 held at London was the?
ANSWER :- 30th