WIPRO Model Placement Paper
1. If the sum of n terms of two series of A.P are in the ratio 5n+4:9n+6 .find the ratio of their 13th terms
(d) None of the above
2. If the letters of the word "rachit" are arranged in all possible ways and these words are written out as in a dictionary, what is the rank of the word "rachit".
3. Ravi's salary was reduced by 25%.Percentage increase to be effected to bring the salary to the original level is
(c) 33 1/3%
4. A and B can finish a piece of work in 20 days .B and C in 30 days and C and A in 40 days. In how many days will A alone finish the job
(b) 34 2/7
5. How long will a train 100m long travelling at 72kmph take to overtake another train 200m long travelling at 54kmph
(c) 1 min 15 sec
(d) 55 sec
6. ? : BGLQ : : YDIN : VAFK
7. NLO : RPS : : ? : ZXA
8. A man speaks the truth 3 out of 4 times. He throws a die and reports it to be a 6. What is the probability of it being a 6?
(d) None of the above
9. A team of 200 wagers undertakes building work of a bridge. The total time allocated to build the entire bridge is 20 days. After 10 days since start, 200 more wagers join the team and together the team completes the bridge in required time. If the original team do not get those 200 extra wagers, how many days they would be behind schedule to complete building the bridge.
a) 10 days
b) 20 days
c) 15 days
d) 1 days
Answer : a) 10 days
10. A team P of 20 engineers can complete a task in 32 days. Another team Q of 16 engineers can complete the same task in 30 days. Then the ratio of working capacity of 1 member of P to that of a member of Q is:
Answer : b) 4:3
11. The price of Machine D equals the sum of the prices of machine A, B and C whose price are in the ratio 2:3:4 respectively. If weights of A, B, C and D varies as square of its individual price and difference of weight of D and A, B and C together is 9880 kg. Then what is the weight of D?
a) 15390 kg
b) 14790 kg
c) 15800 kg
d) none of these
Answer : a) 15390 kg
12. If 4:6 is the ratio of number of girls and boys in a computer coaching class.If 50% of girls and 40% of boys are degree holders then the percentage of the candidates who are non-degree holders is:
Answer : c) 56%
13. The time showed by an analog clock at a moment is 11 am then 1234567890 hours later it will show the time as:
Answer : c)5am
14. The time showed by the clock at a moment is 8 am then the respective time of after and before 42896 hours is :
a)4 pm & 12 am
b)6 am & 4 pm
c)5 pm & 7 am
d)3 am & 3 pm
Answer : a)4 pm & 12 am
15. The minimum number of digits required to form every number which is greater than 900 and less than 9,000 is:
Answer : a) 39
16. Find the difference of the minimum number of numbers required to form every number from 1 to 1234 and 1 to 4321.
Answer : d) 3
17. A person was fined for exceeding the speed limit by 10 km/hr. Another person was also fined for exceeding the same speed limit by twice the same. If the second person was traveling at a speed of 35km/hr,find the speed limit.
A. 19 km/hr
B. 27 km/hr
C. 30 km/hr
D. 15 km/hr
18. The difference between the compound and simple interest on a certain sum for 2 years at the rate of 8% per annum is Rs.80,What is the sum?
19. The ratio between two numbers is 5:7 and their product is 560. What is the difference between these two numbers?
20. The mean and the variance of a binomial distribution are 4 and 2 respectively. Then the probability of 2 successes is:
21. After spending 2/3 of his salary on rent and food items and 1/4th of the remaining on transportation, Rajesh has 6000 with him. How much did he pay on transportation?
22. In base 10 representation for a rupee 100 paise,then base 8 representation what is rupee value
23. Mr. Shah decided to walk down the escalator of a tube station. He found that if he walks down 26 steps, he requires 30 seconds to reach the bottom.However, if he steps down 34 stairs he would only require 18 seconds to get to the bottom. If the time is measured from the moment the top step begins to descend to the time he steps off the last step at the bottom, find out the height of the stair way in steps?
A. 46 steps
B. 47 steps
C. 48 steps
D. 49 steps
24. The average age of 10 members of a committee is the same as it was 4 years ago, because an old member has been replaced by a young member.Find how much younger is the new member ?
A. 39 years.
B. 40 years.
C. 41 years.
D. 42 years
25. The square of a two digit number is divided by half the number. After 36 is added to the quotient, this sum is then divided by 2. The digits of the resulting number are the same as those in the original number, but they are in reverse order. The ten's place of the original number is equal to twice the difference between its digits. What is the number?
26. A person travels 6km towards west, then travels 5km towards north ,then finally travels 6km towards west. Where is he with respect to his starting position?
A. 13km east
B. 13km northeast
C. 13km northwest
D. 13km west
27. If A speaks the truth 80% of the times, B speaks the truth 60% of the times. What is the probability that they tell the truth at the same time
28. A monkey starts climbing up a tree 20ft. tall. Each hour, it hops 3ft. and slips back 2ft. How much time would it take the monkey to reach the top?
A. 17 hours
B. 18 hours
C. 19 hours
D. 20 hours
29. A certain type of mixture is prepared by mixing brand A at Rs.9 a kg. with brand B at Rs.4 a kg. If the mixture is worth Rs.7 a kg., how many kgs. brand A are needed to make 40kgs. of the mixture?
30. A man ate 100 bananas in five days, each day eating 6 more than the previous day. How many bananas did he eat on the first day?