WBPSC Solved Exam Paper
1. A trader has written 20% excess price on a saree but while selling it, gives a 5% discount. Profit is
2. The simplest value of
3. The river Ajoy flows between
(A) Damodar and Rupnarayan
(B) Rupnarayan and Kangsabati
(C) Subamarekha and Rupnarayan
(D) Damodar and Mayurakshi
4. Which of the following is most harmful for human being?
(D) Light rays
5. Which was the longest Grand Slam Singles Final in thenistory of Lawn Tennis?
(A) French Open
(C) U.S. Open
(D) Australian Open
6. In which year the GreatEscape of Subhas Chandra took place?
(A) 1939 A.D.
(B) 1940 A.D.
(C) 1941 A.D.
(D) 1942 A.D.
7. What is the colour of the ring of the Olympic Flag that represents Asia?
8. Which territories of India were first liberated from British rule and renamed as Sahid and Swaraj?
(C) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
9. Which one of the following insects is the carrier of microfilaria
(B) Culex mosquito
(C) Anopheles mosquito
(D) Aedes mosquito
10. At what rate of interest will Rs. 360/- amount to Rs. 522/- in 5 years?
(B) 8 %
11. Who was the first captain of Independent Indias Olympic Football team?
(A) P. K. Banerjee
(B) Chuni Goswami
(C) Sailen Manna
(D) Talimeren Ao
12. The highest peak in India is
13. Ascariasis spread through
(A) Polluted air
(B) Polluted water
(C) Contaminated food
14. At what rate will the interest on Rs. 900/- in 4 years be equal to the interest on Rs. 720/- in 6 years at 5% per annum?
(D) 6 %
15. The largest town on the river Ganga is
16. Which team won the IPL Season V trophy in 2012?
(A) Mumbai Indians
(B) Chennai Super Kings
(C) Kokata Knight Riders
(D) Delhi Daredevils
17. The highest plateau in India is
18. For measuring flow of current, the device is used
19. Which of the following has no green house effect?
20. A train 280 meters long is moving at speed of 60 km./hr. The time (second) taken by the train to cross a platform 220 meters long is
21. Rourkela iron and steel industry is located on the nver
22. Brajeswar and Prafulla are the characters from
(D) Devi Chowdhurani
23. Some people can do three-seventh of a work in 28 days. To finish the rest of work in 21 days 14 more people were appointed. Determine the number of those people who were appointed initially.
24. What is the greatest presquare number of 7265?
25. What is the unit of power?
(A) Half life
26. Indias earliest contact with Islam came through
(A) Arab invasion of Sindh
(B) Turkish invasion
(C) Sufi saints and Arab travellers
(D) Arab merchants of Malabar Coast
27. Yehudi Menuhin became a world famous musician by playing
28. The film The adventures of Tintin is directed by
(A) Steve Jones
(B) Steven Speilberg
(D) Charlie Chaplin
29. The greatest number of 33 % of 4, 2% of 5000, 45% of 200.8, 121 is
(A) 33 % of 4
(B) 2% of 5000
(C) 45% of 200.8
30. IAGO is a character of the drama
(B) Arms and the Man
31. What is the unit of volume in CGS system?
32. A Tale of Two Cities was written by
(A) Sir Walter Scott
(B) Charles Dickens
(C) R. L. Stevenson
(D)T. S. Eliot
33. A person weighs 80 Kg. By morning walk, at the beginning of each year, he decreases 5% weight. His weight after 3 years will be
(A) 68 Kg.
(B) 68.75 Kg.
(C) 68.59 Kg.
(D) 68.50 Kg.
34. In still water the actual speed of a boat is 10 km./hr. and the speed of the river-current is 4 km./hr. What time will it take to cover a distance of 30 km. against the current?
(A) 2 hrs.
(B) 3 hrs.
(D) 5 hrs.
35. The simplest value of (0.25)^2 + (0.25)^1/2 × (0.5)^3
36. Frankenstein is
(A) A film by Alfred Hitchcock
(B) A novel by Mary Shelley
(C) A detective story by Conan Doyle
(D) A short story by O. Henry
37. Harshabardhanand Gobardhan these two characters are created by
A) Narayan Debnath
(B) Narayan Gangopadhyaya
(C) Shibram Chakraborty
(D) Shaila Chakraborty
38. Due to rotten fish a fish trader forces loss. If the purchase value is Rs. 250/-, the selling price will be
(A) Rs. 220/-
(B) Rs. 230/-
(C) Rs. 225/-
(D) Rs. 235/-
39. Each ofA and B got 8 wickets for 28 runs. Afterwards A got one wicket for 35 runs and B got 4 wickets for 56 runs. Whose average of getting wicket was better?
(A) A is better
(B) B is better
(C) A and B are same
(D) None of the above
40. Ductless glands secrete
(B) Tissue fluid
41. The Ular lake is situated to the
(A) North east of Srinagar
(B) North west of Srinagar
(C) South east of Srinagar
(D) South west of Srinagar
42. Who is the first Indian to hit a Triple century in Test Cricket?
(A) Virender Sehwag
(B) VVS Laxman
(C) Sachin Tendulkar
(D) Sunil Gavaskar
43. The largest steel plant in India is
44. The organ related to locomotion in Amoeba sp. is
45. In a box there are 378 coins combining 1 rupee, 50 and 25 paise coins. The ratio of their values is 13:11:7. Determine the number of 25 paise coins.