VEDANTA PAPER ON 2nd JULY AT BHOPAL
DATE: - 2nd July, 2007
COLLEGE: - NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY , BHOPAL
Hi, I m Shivshankar Podder, (electronics n comm.) from NIT, Bhopal . I got selected in Vedanta Resources through campus interview in our college. I want to share my experience with u.
THE SELECTION PROCEDURE
1) WRITTEN TEST
3) TECHNICAL + HR INTERVIEW
** There were separate marks for written test, GD & Interview. The sum total of all the marks was taken for the final results. Although the written test was the only elimination round.
The session started with the PPT. It was of 1 hr. The ppt was followed by a written test. It consists of 35 questions to be completed in 50 minutes. The questions were very simple but speed was the main factor. The written consists of20 aptitude questions (simple maths) 5 questions- venn diagram 5 questions- Data Interpretation 5 questions – Logical reasoning
The aptitude questions were very simple. They were mainly from R.S. Aggrawal. The topics were Average, Problems on ages, Percentage, Profit & Loss, problems on train, volume & surface area, series completion, coding& decoding,
Analogy questions( Barron’s GRE 12th edition- chapter 4)
For Data interpretation, refer RS Aggrawal- quantitative aptitude.
For Logical reasoning, refer Barron’s GRE 12th edition- chapter 12 & model test papers
The written test was the elimination round. It was followed by a Group Discussion.
The topic for our group was “SHOULD THE INDIAN COMPANIES RECRUIT FOREIGN PEOPLE”
The last round was the Interview. The interview consists of Technical + HR
1) Tell me about yourself?
2) Tell me about your family background?
3) Question on my CV?
4) Difference b/w electronics & comm Engg and Electronics & Instrumentation Engg
5) What is instrumentation?
6) Are you interested in Software or core?? Why??
7) Questions from PPT
8) Do u have any relocation problem?
9) What is the difference between Microcontroller and Microprocessor?
10) Architecture of Intel’s 8085
11) What is accumulator, Program counter, stack pointer?
12) What is stack?
13) Difference between 8085 and 8086
14) What is the difference between analog and digital communication?
15) Questions on Vocational training
16) Status flag and PSW in 8085
17) Multiplexers and decoders
18) What is 3G?
19) Are you really interested to work in our company??
20) Do u want to ask any question??
At last the results were announced. Total 16 students got selected. I was the only one from the Electronics n comm. Just be confident on whatever you know.
Best of Luck to all of you.