Tata Motors Limited Placement Paper
Tata Motors Ltd conducts test for thermal mechanical and electrical people. Some of the mechanical test questions are given below:
1. What is the poisons ratio?
2. When boiler bursts, whom u would inform?
3. Modular ratio?
4. Envelope of damped free vibration?
5. A ball with a mass M is falling on to the ground with some velocity V1 and raising with velocity V2 . find the impulse?
6. Two masses are connecting with string on to pulley coefficient of friction of mass m1 is given and also m1 and m2 are given. Find the relation b/n m1 and m2 , to make m2 move downwards
7. A four bar link mechanism is given with moment m acting on crank and also a force given at crank end. Find the reaction at hinged end of crank.
8. Deflection due to self weight of a uniform rod of diameter D and unit density and length is given .
9. The type of key used in wrist watch?
10. Bending stress is proportional to .?
Ans). Section modulus
11. The hypoid gears are .
Ans). Non intersecting non parallel gears.
12. Two masses are resting on a inclined plane with 30 degree angle and the two masses are welded with weightless rod and coefficients of friction is given. Find the common acceleration of a two masses.
13. Two masses are of different weights smaller one is placed on the bigger mass. If the force is force is acting on bigger mass given find the acceleration of smaller mass.
14. Stress on minor diameter of bolt when bolt is subjected to longitudinal force.
15. No of independent elastic constants required for isotropic material?
16. Pitch of the bolt of 30 mm metric thread dia meter is?
17. The ratio of natural frequency on earth to moon?
18. Efficiency of screw jack formula?
19. Which of the parts given is harder one? Ans a). inner case b)outer case like that?
20. Given some c/s of diffirent types which is having more torsional strength ?
21. Max principle stress theory is valid for which material?
22. Efficiency of reveted joints of different types has given which is having max efficiency ?
23. If the roots are real then which type of vibrations will occur in damped systems ?
24. Problem on transmissibility ?
25. What is the principle behind the collisions of ball ?which is related to Q.7 ? ans constant linear momentum.
26. Find the elongation of the bar due to self weight
27. Problem on the cantilever deflection
28. Problem on the two blocks connected by string one is on table and on is hanging from the pulley mechanics problem
29. Ratio of the tension of the band block breaks
30. Max and normal efficiency of the power scew
31. What is monel metal
32. Efficiency of the riveted joints
33. Coefficient of friction for the greased ball bearing
34. Find the width of the strongest beam that can be cut of cylindrical log of wood whose dia is d
35. Problem on the transmissibility to calculate dynamic amplitude