1) A tank is filled 1 liter in a hour and 2ltrs in 2hrs 3ltrs in 3 hrs so on. 1/3rd is filled in 2nd hr how much time will it take to fill the tank?
Ans: Let the capacity of tank be ‘x’ then
1/3*x=2(as i/3rd of tank is filled in 2 hrs thatis 2 liters)
X=6(from above eqn i.e, tanks capacity is 6 litres)
2) Out of 7 children the youngest is boy then find the probability that all the remaining children are boys
Ans: 1/2^6 = 1/64
3) The three sides of a triangle are given. 16, 14, 21 cms and this triangle is conveted into a square. So what will be the area of the square generated?
Ans:(14+16+21)/4. Then you will get the 1 side of a square and now find the area of a square.ie, side^24) An equation of the form 4x+6y-2z=32 . Find the difference between x intercept and z intercept?Ans: x/a+y/b+z/c= 5) A Toy train can make 10 sounds sound changes after every 4 mins, now train is defective and can make only 2 sounds. Find probability that same sound is repeated 5 times consecutively (1 out of)?
6) 20men and 20 women are there, they dance with each other, is there possibilty that 2 men are dancing with same women and vice versa.
7) 10 people are there, they are shaking hands together, how many hand shakes possible, if they are in no pair of cyclic sequence.
8) In school there are some bicycles and 4wheeler wagons. One Tuesday there are 234 wheels in the campus. How many bicycles are there?
Ans: Bicycles=2*x ; wagons=4*y
=>y=(234-2*x)/4(eqn to find no of wagons)
=>x=(234-4*y)/2(eqn to find no of bicycles)(sub the options the option for which you get the whole no as ans that would be the answer; because you can never have tyres in decimals and negative)9) 4 years before Paul’s age is 3times the Alice age and the present age of Paul is 6times the Alice. What is the presents Paul’s age?
Ans: x-4 = 3(y-4); x=6y: Solve you will get it.10) In a question, last part has, the ages of two people has the ratio of 6:5 and by adding the numbers we get 55, after how many years the ratio would be 8:7?
Solution: Just take the values of V,I ,R and substitute in V=I*R(you have to find either i/v/r do not concentrate on all other data)
12) Peter and Paul are two friends. The sum of their ages is 42 years. Peter is twice as old as Paul was when Peter was as old as Paul is now. What is the present age of Peter?13) A horse chases a pony 2 hours after the pony runs. Horse takes 4 hours to reach the pony. If the average speed of the horse is 81 kmph, what s the average speed of the pony? (This question was really long with loads of irrelevant statement) 14) Difference between two numbers is 4 and their product is 17. Then find the sum of their squers?
15) A, B, C, D, E are there among A, B, C are boys and D, E are girls D is to the left of A and no girl sits at the middle and at the extemes. Then what is the order of their sittings.16) Direction problems. A man goes 50 km North, then turned left walked 40 km, then turned right? In which direction is he in? Ans: North
17) In a market 4 man are standing the avg age of the four men before 4 yrs is 45 ,aftrsumdays one man is added and his age is 49.wat is the avg wt ofg all??18) A book contain 40 sheets and n each sheet contain 40 statements and it says that most of them are false? a) All odds are false b) All evens are false c) Neither odd nor even are false d) NoneMumbai buildin Ans: b 19) Mumbai building dept decided to give no’s to building. 1-100 nos are given to buildings lng story. Find how many number of 2’s were used while numbering the buildings(simple jst count no of 2’s frm 1 to 100 lyk 2,12,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,32,42,52,62,72,82,92)
20) A pizza shop made pizzas with two flavours at home there are; N’ flavours in that ‘M’flavours are taken to make pizz. In how many ways they can make pizza? Simple NpM I mean N*M best way to crak the exam is just practice the test papers from freshersworld.com I attempted 21 and i clearedAll the best guys