SSC Previous year question papers of Stenographers Exam
1. If 3rd of the month falls on Friday, what day will be on the 4th day after 21st of the Month ?
(b) Saturday (Ans)
Explanations : Since, third of the month falls on Friday. therefore, 10th, 17th and 24th of month would fall on Friday. Hence, the 4th day after 21st of the month i.e., 25th of the month would fall on Saturday.
2. If the day, two days after tomorrow be Thursday, what day would have been two days before before yesterday ?
(a) Friday (Ans)
Explanations : The day two days after tomorrow is Thursday, it means, tomorrow should be Tuesday and it should be Monday on today. Therefore, two days before yesterday it should be Friday.
3. My brother is 562 days older to me while my sister is 75 weeks older to him. If my sister was born on Tuesday, on which day was I born ?
(c) Thursday (Ans)
Explanations : Difference of No. of days of my sister's age and my age is 75 * 7 + 562 i.e., 1087 days. After dividing 1087 by 7, we get 2 as remainder. Therefore,2 days after Tuesday is Thursday.
4. How many Mondays are there in a particular month of a particular year, if the months ends on Wednesday ?
(e) None of these (Ans)
Explanations : As Monday falls on 31st, or 30th, or 29th or 28th there will be 5 or 4 Mondays.
Directions Read the information given below and answer the questions that follow :
Six plays A, B, C, D, E and F of a famous playwright are to be staged one on each day from Monday to Saturday. The schedule of the plays is to be in accordance with the following :
(a) A must be staged on the previous day of the day on which E is staged. (b) C must not be staged on Tuesday. (c) B must be staged on a day which follows the day on which F is staged. (d) D must be staged on Friday only and should not be immediately preceded by B. (e) E must not be staged on the last day of the schedule.
Explanations : Table for Questions 5 to 9.
Mon. Tues. Wed. Thus. Fri. Sat.
F B A E D C
5. Which of the following is the schedule of plays, with the order of their staging from Monday ?
(a) E A B F D C
(b) A F B E D C
(c) A F B C D E
(d) F A B E D C
(e) None of these (Ans)
6. Play C cannot definitely be staged on which of the following days in addition to Tuesday ?
(d) Friday (Ans)
7. Play D is between which of the following pairs of plays ?
(a) C and E (Ans)
(b) E and F
(c) A and E
(d) B and E
(e) C and F
8. Which of the following plays is on Monday ?
(c) F (Ans)
9. Which of the following plays immediately follows 'B' ?
(e) A (Ans)
10. When I found that I was half an hour earlier than the scheduled time of the train, the train being late by 1-30 hours, arrived at 6-20 hours. I had reached the station at.
(a) 4-40 hours
(b) 5-10 hours
(c) 4-20 hours (Ans)
(d) 5-20 hours
(e) None of these
Explanations : The scheduled time of train was 6.20 - 1.30 = 4.50
As I was half an hour earlier
? I reached the station at 4.50 - 0.30 = 4.20 hrs.
11. A remembers that his uncle had visited them after 13th but before 18th of a month, while B remembers that the uncle had visited them after 16th but before 20th. Then on which date did their uncle visit A and B ?
(b) 17th (Ans)
(d) Insufficient data to predict
(e) None of these
Explanations : After 13th but before 18th means 14, 15, 16 and 17 after 16th but before 20th means 17, 18 and 19. Since, among these dates only 17th is common. Therefore, their uncle visited them on 17th.
12. If Saturday falls four days after today which is 6th January, on what day did the 1st of December of previous year fall ?
(d) Monday (Ans)
Explanations : Since, Saturday falls four days after 6th Jan. Therefore, on 10th Jan., it will Saturday. The number of days between 1st Dec. and 10th Jan. is 40. After dividing 40 by 7 we get 5 as remainder. Therefore, 5 days before Saturday means Monday.
13. Manish was born on 3rd March 1980. Sanjiv was born 4 days before Manish. The Republic Day of hat year fell on Saturday. Which day was Sanjiv's birthday ?
(c) Thursday (Ans)
Explanations : As 1980 is a leap year, 4 days before 3rd March means 28th February. The difference between 26th Jan. and 28th Feb. is 33 days. Dividing 33 by 7 we get 5 as reminder. So, the day after 5 days from Saturday will be Thursday.
14. A day after tomorrow will be X-mas day, What will be the day on New-year-day if today is Monday ?
(e) Wednesday (Ans)
Explanations : Since, X-mas day falls on 25th Dec., therefore, today it will be 23rd Dec. Hence, on 23rd Dec. it is Monday. The number of days between 23rd Dec. and 1st Jan. is 9 days. Dividing 9 by 7, we get 2 as remainder. So, it will be Wednesday on New Years day.
15. Which of the following is not a leap year ?
(d) 700 (Ans)
Explanations : As 700 is not perfectly divisible by 400.
16. At what angle the hands of a clock are inclined when it is half past 8 ?
(c) 750 (Ans)
Explanations : At half past 8 the minute hand points towards 6 and the hour hand points towards 2 1/2 marks between 8 and 9. The angle between 6 and 8 is 600 and the angle 2 1/2 min. space is 150. Hence, total angle between two hands is 750.
17. How many times from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. the hands are at right angles ?
(b) 11 (Ans)
Explanations : As in 12 hours the hands are 22 times at right angle
? in 6 hours the hands are 22 times at right angle = 22 * 6/ 12 = 11 times
18. At what time are the hands of a clock together between 6 and 7 ?
(a) 32 8/11 min. past 6 (Ans)
(b) 34 8/11 min. past 6
(c) 30 8/11 min. past 6
(d) 32 5/7 min. past 6
(e) 42 8/11 min. past 6
Explanations : At 6 O' clock the hands are 30 minutes apart.
Therefore, in order to coincide the minute must gain minutes.
? 55 minutes are gained by the minute hand in 60 minutes.
? 30 minutes are gained by the minute hand in 60 minutes = 60 * 30 / 55
= 32 8/11 minutes
Hence, the hands of the watch will coincide at 32 8/11 min. past 6.
19. A bus for Bombay leaves every forty minutes from a bus stand. An enquiry clerk told a passenger that the bus had already left ten minutes ago and the next bus will leave at 10.45 a.m. At what time did the enquiry clerk given this information to the passenger ?
(a) 10.05 a.m.
(b) 9.55 a.m.
(c) 10.35 a.m.
(d) 10.15 a.m. (Ans)
(e) 10.25 a.m.
Explanations : As buses are left for Bombay after every forty minutes and the next bus had to go at 10.45 a. m. Hence, the previous bus left at 10.05 a.m. Since, the enquiry clerk told that it had left just 10 minutes ago. Hence, the enquiry clerk gave the information at 10.15 a.m.
20. In 1/2 hour, the long hand of a clock will rotate through an angle of.
(e) 1800 (Ans)
Explanations : ? In 1 hour the minute hand rotates through 3600.
? In 1/2 hour it will rotate through
= 360 / 2