SSC Examination GK solved model question paper
1. Name the Nobel Peace Prize winner who was named the winner of one of the world's leading religion prizes, Templeton Prize for 2012 by the John Templeton Foundation on 29 March 2012.
a. The Dalai Lama
b. Tawakkol Karman
c. Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
d. Baba Ram Dev
2. US Senate on 30 March 2012 confirmed career diplomat as ambassador to India. Identify the person in question.
a. William Clark, Jr.
b. Albert Peter Burleigh
c. Robert Blackwill
d. Nancy Powell
3. Amadou Toumani Toure, who was ousted from his position following a military coup, was the president of _ _ _ _ _ _
4. A former Director of Kashmiri American Council (KAC) was sentenced to two years in prison in a District Court in Eastern District of Virginia. Identify the person the statement is related with.
a. Hafeez Saeed
b. Mushtaq Ahmed
c. David Coleman Headley
d. Gulam Nabi Fai
5. Macky Sall became the new president of Senegal. Sall replaced _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ to the top post.
a. Abdoulaye Wade
b. Naseer Abdullah
c. Erich Sherry
d. None of the above
6. Which country has India agreed in-principle to the participation in hydro power-projects in the North-East?
7. Name the Tech-savvy state which set a record by winning the National Tourism Award for its website for 5th time in last 10 years.
8. Which Malayalam language daily has tied up with Yahoo India to deliver premium digital content in Malayalam?
9. Name the Delhi-based group which has been nominated in the best international brand/group award at the British Reggae Industry Awards.
10. Which movie of Indian filmmaker Mani Ratnam is now part of the permanent collection at the Austrian Film Museum?
11. Who has been awarded the Pritzker Architecture Prize considered as Nobel prize in Architecture?
12. Which railway station became the first railway network to offer BluFi, a combination of Bluetooth and WiFi to provide information to passengers?
Ans:Bangalore City Railway Station
13. Which state bagged the second best national award in the Comprehensive Development Of Tourism category?
14. Name the Kerala-based UAE business magnate who was awarded with Interfaith Harmony Award at Kuala Lumpur.
15. Name the mens mixed doubles winner of the ATP Dubai Open 2012.
Ans:Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna
16. When was the Worlds oldest post office opened as it celebrates its 300th anniversary?
Ans:1712 in Sanquhar, London
17. Name the Indian American filmmaker who won the 2012 Rising Star Award for his feature film 9 Eleven at the Canada International Film Festival.
Ans:Manan Singh Katohora
18. Who won the womens Kabaddi World Cup championship?
19. Who is expected to visit India with export of gas and investment on agenda?
Ans:Qatars Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al Thani
20. Who has been elected as Russian President?
21. Which 4 financial institutions have agreed to form countrys first $2 billion (about Rs.10,000 crore) Infrastructure Development Fund to finance infrastructure projects in India?
Ans:Bank of Baroda, ICICI Bank, LIC and Citi Financial
22. Who has been appointed as MD of Hyundai Motor India Ltd.?
Ans:Bo Shin Seo
23. Which Chinese Electric company has started office in India?
24. Which university conferred honoris causa(as honorary academic degree) during its 12th convocation to the finance minister Pranab Mukherjee?
25. Which Indias leading commodity exchange would be listed on the BSE making it Indias first exchange to be listed?
Ans:Multi Commodity Exchange
26. Which western India university will start the Institute of International Studies?
Ans:M S University
27. HSBC will sell its general insurance for US $914 million to which 2 companies?
Ans:AXA Group and QBE Insurance Group
28. Against which team India will play one-off Twenty20 International cricket on March 30th 2012 to commemorate the 150 years of settlement of Indians in that country?
29. Who retained his title of being the worlds richest Indian in Forbes magazines annual list of the worlds richest people?
30. Name the music director king of soft melodies who passed away recently.
Ans:Ravi Shankar Sharma
31. Who has been appointed as head coach of the Pakistan cricket team?
32. Name the bank that has entered into a partnership with Remit2home to offer Sri Lankans to transfer money back home.
Ans:Nations Trust Bank
33. Where is Kerala a film city is to be built?
Ans:Varikkassery Mana at Ottapalam
34. Who will be appointed as CEO of L&T?
35. Who is appointed as ISI chief of Pakistan Government?
Ans:Lt. Gen. Zaheerul Islam
36. Which Indian NGO has been chosen for Americas first Innovation Award for the Empowerment of Women and Girls, for training and organising wastepickers and eliminating child labour from recycling?
37. What is the reduced CRR of scheduled banks as revised by RBI at 75 basis points?
38. At what value did Euro zone finance ministers release 2nd bailout package for debt-hit Greece?
39. Where was the International Financial Hub inaugurated in India recently?
Ans:New Town, Kolkata
40. What is the extended number of days for advance reservation of Indian railway tickets?
41. Which state has recorded an increase in foodgrains production that touched 50.22 lakh tonnes during Kharif 2011 season?
42. Name the ambulance launched for farmers in Andhra Pradesh by Srihari Kotela, a Charterted Accountant.
Ans:Rythu Ratham (Tollfree 18002666208)
43. Which non-banking finance arm of Tata Sons have decided to ramp up its travel business and focus on the retail segment?
44. Which financial service will Nokia close in India?
45. Which rank does India hold as per U5MR rates by UNICEF?
46. Who will take over the rein of Deutsche Bank CEO at the end of May 2012?
47. Name the Indian railway minister who will present Railway Budget 2012-13.
48. Who has been appointed as Director General of Police for Punjab?
Ans:Sumedh Singh Saini
49. Who and at what age became 5th time Chief Minister of Punjab?
Ans:Parkash Singh Badal
50. Where was FICCI FRAMES 2012 Asias largest global convention on film media and entertainment inaugurated?