Prasar Bharati Model Solved Paper
1. Gullivers Travels was written by-
Ans Gullivers Travels, (1726, amended 1735), officially Travels into Several Remote Nations of the World, is a novel by Jonathan Swift that is both a satire on human nature and a parody of the travellers tales literary sub-genre.
2. Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement?
Ans. CEPA will strengthen the economic ties between the two countries by including services in the free trade between the two countries.
3. Prasar Bharati Bill?
Ans. Prasar Bharati is a statutory autonomous body established under the Prasar Bharati Act. The Board came into existence from 23.11.1997. The Prasar Bharati is the Public Service broadcaster of the country. The objective of public service broadcasting is to be achieved though All India Radio and Doordarshan which earlier were working as independent media units under the Ministry of I&B.
4. Where is the head office of National Statistical Commission?
Ans. New Delhi
5. Garib Nawaz Express runs between .
Ans. Garib Nawaz Express, linking the pilgrim towns of Ajmer and Pushkar in Rajasthan with coastal southern India, would start running between Yashwantpur (Banglore) in Karnataka and Ajmer on a weekly basis from August 11.
6. Which among the followings books does Bill Gates write?
Ans. Business at the speed of thought.
7. Which of the following companies won the prestigious award of Best in Corporate Governance (Golden Peacock Award) for the year 2006?
Ans. Private sector, Reliance Energy and Mahindra and Mahindra have bagged the Golden Peacock Corporate Governance Award for 2006. From the public sector, Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd (HPCL) and Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) were adjudged the winner for this year.
8. In which year Cricket World Cup will be held in India
Ans. The 2011 Cricket World Cup will be the tenth time this tournament has been held, and will be held in the four Asian Test cricket playing countries Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
9. Planning Commission is an
Ans. Planning Commission is an Advisory body. The Prime Minister is the Chairman of the Planning Commission, which works under the overall guidance of the National Development Council. The Deputy Chairman and the full time Members of the Commission, as a composite body, provide advice and guidance to the subjectDivisions for the formulation of Five Year Plans, Annual Plans, State Plans, Monitoring Plan Programmes, Projects and Schemes.
10. G-8 members-
Ans. G-8 Members are: Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia, United Kingdom and United States of America. G-8 Summit 2006 held at St Petersburg, Russia.
11. Which of the following is not a financial institution?
Ans. (d) choice is the answer IIPA is not a financial institution
12. The miniature painting of music originated from which state?
Ans. The miniature painting of music belongs to Rajasthan.
13. Who among the benefited at the time of inflation?
14. Which of the following can declare an industrial unit sick.
Ans. BIFR- Board for Industrial & Financial Reconstruction deals with this issue.
15. What is the defination of Zero hour?
Ans. Zero Hour denotes the time immediately following the Question hour in both Houses of Parliament. It starts at 12 noon. It came to be called an Hour also because very often it continued for one full hour, until the House rose for lunch at 1 p.m. However, the duration of the Zero Hour has varied over the years. It is not possible to predict what kind of matters might be raised during Zero Hour, as there is no mention of any Zero Hour in the rules of the Parliament. It is the press who coined the term Zero Hour during the early 1960s, when the practice of raising urgent matters of public importance without prior notice developed.
16. Election Commission does not conducts election for.
Ans. Prime Minister.
17. Lotteries organized by government of the state comes under-
Ans. State List.
18. Match the following-
Ans. a. Sabarigiri- hydroelectric project
b. Idukki- Thermal power station
19. Har Gobind Khorana won the Nobel for the
Ans. First synthesis of a gene.
20. Which of the following states benefited most from the Konkan Railway?
Ans. Maharashtra, Karnataka and Goa.
21. ELISA test is done for-
22. Which of the following is a set of official language of UNO?
Ans. The Organization uses six official languages in its intergovernmental meetings and documents, Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish; the Secretariat uses two working languages, English and French.
23. Match the following-
Ans. a. Distillation- is a method of separation of substances based on differences in their volatilities.
b. Galvanization- zinc is to coating of zinc over iron or steel
24 Which states initiated Kalasa-Banduri drinking water project?
25. Which of the following state pin code can probably start with 6.