Prasar Bharati Placement Paper
General Knowledge Paper:
1.Which Indian filmstars was recently conferred Honorary Doctorate by Bedfordshire University,(U.K.) ?
(B)Shah Rukh Khan
2. Williams Sisters won the U.S. Open Women?s Doubles Title 2009 after defeating in the final
(A)Leizal Herber and Cara Blank
(B) Kim Clijsters and Anna Kournikova
(C) Coroline Wozniacki and Dinara Safina
(D) Nathalie Deshy and Sania Mirza
3. Which one of the following is a military alliance ?
4. The recipient of the 42nd Jnan Peeth Award is
(A) Manohar Shastri
(C) Satya Vrat Shastri
(D) K. Kamal Kumar
5. World Development Report is anannual publication of
6.Which one of the following is correct ?
(A)Jeev Milkha Singh Tennis
(B)Jhulan Goswami Cricket
(C) Baichung Bhutia Hockey
(D) Pankaj Advani Badminton
7. Which one of the following industrialists was declared The Business Person of the year 2008? by the Times of India Survey ?
(A) Anil Ambani
(C) Ratan Tata
(D) Gautam Adani
8. Naina Devi peak forms a part of
(A) Himalayan range located in Sikkim
(B) Himalayan range located in Kumaon region
(C)Himalayan range located in Nepal
(D)Himalayan range located in Jammu & Kashmir
9. The aim of the ISRO?s OCEANS AT - 2 satellite is
(A) To provide ocean scientists knowledge about mineral resources under the sea
(B) To aid fishermen inidentifying fishing zones
(C) To aid weathermen to forecast cyclones and weather conditions
(D)All the above A
10. Who amongst the following is not the recipient of the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award ?
(A) Vijendra Singh
(B) Sushil Kumar
(C) M.C. Marykom
(D) Abhinav Bindra
11.Nilgiri,Himgiri and Beas? are
(A) Aircraft Carrier ships
(C) Nuclear submarines
(D) Oil tankers of ONGC
12. The age of a tree can be calculated by
(A) Number of branches
(B) Its height
(C) Girth of its trunk
(D) Number of its annual rings
13.Which one of the statements below explains the external economies of scale ?
(A) Starting a computer firm in a Techno Park to avail the expertise
(B) Expanding firms employing specialist accountants, lawyers and managers
(C) A manufacturer spreading the research and development cost over the output
(D) A major supermarket gaining bulk discounts on direct purchase
14. Which one of the following types of unemployment is common in Indian agriculture ?
15. A rolling plan refers to a plan which
(A) Does not change its targets every year
(B) Changesits allocations every year
(C) Changes its allocations and targets every year
(D) Changes only its targets every year
16. An instrument of qualitative credit control in India is
(A) Open market operations
(B) Credit rationing
(C) Change in reserve ratio
(D) Bank rate policy
17. Laissez - faire is a feature of
(D) Mixed Economy
18. Which one of the following is not a source of the tax revenue in Indian States ?
(A) Land Revenue
(B) Motor Vehicle Tax
(C) Entertainment Tax
(D) Corporate Tax
19. CSO has changed its base year for National Income estimation. The new base year is
20.Which is the biggest enterprise of the Government of India ?
(A) Postal and Telegraph
21. In which type of competition does Marginal Revenue Curve coincide with Average Revenue Curve ?
(B) Imperfect Competition
(D) Monopolistic Competition
22. According to J.A. Schumpeter,entrepreneurs are entitled to enjoy the profit for their......... activities.
(D) Hard work
23. Demonstrationeffect means
(A)Effect of advertisement
(B) Imitating effect of consumption
(D) Effect of an experiment
24. Homogeneous product is a feature of
(A) Imperfect market
25. Which part of the Indian Constitution declares the Ideals of Welfare State ?
(A) Fundamental Rights
(D) Directive Principles of State Policy
26. Who said, Parliamentary System provides a daily as well as a periodic assessment of the Government ?
(A) Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
(B)Shri B. N. Rao
(C) Shri Jawahar Lal Nehru
(D) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
27. The legal advisor to the State Government is known as
(D)State Public Prosecutor
28. The maximum duration of Zero Hour in Lok Sabha is
(B) One hour
(C) Two hours
29. Which agency actsas co - ordinator between Union Government, Planning Commission and State Governments ?
(A) National Integration Council
(C) National Development Council
(D) Inter - State Council
30. When will demand become a grant ?
(A) When a demand is proposed
(B) After the discussion on demand is over
(C) After the demand is granted
(D) When the Budget Session is closed
31. What makes the Judiciary the guardian of the Constitution ?
(B) Service Conditions
(D) Judicial Review
32. What is the name of Judicial organ of UNO ?
(A) Spreme Court
(B) Court ofInternational Justice
(C) Judicial Forum
(D) International Court of Justice
33. The Election disputes regarding the Election of President and Vice - President can be heard by
(B) Central Election Commission
(C) Supreme Court
(D) Attorney - General of India
34. Balwant Rai Mehta Committee suggested that the structure of Panchayati Raj should consist of
(A) The village, the block and the district levels
(B) The mandal and the district levels
(C) The village, the district and the State levels
(D) The village, the mandal, the district and the State levels
35.Which of the following has banned "floor crossing? by the members elected on a party ticket to the legislature ?
(A) 52nd Constitution Amendment
(B) Representation of People Act
(C) National Security Act
(D) Maintenance of Internal Security Act
36. The expression "Creamy Layer? used in the judgement of the Supreme Court relating to the case regarding reservations refers to
(A) Those sections of society which pay Income - tax
(B) Those sections of socially and educationally backward classes of the society that are economically advanced
(C) Those sections of the society that are considered advanced according to Karpuri Thakur formula
(D) All sections of upper castes of the society
37. When was the Panchtantra written ?
38. Which one among the following is regarded as the "Magna Carta? of Indian education ?
(A) Wood?s Despatch
(B) Hunter?s Commission
(C) Sadler Commission
39.The battle of Mahabharata is believed to have been fought at Kurukshetra for
(B) 16 days
40. The Mukteswara Temple is located at
41. Which king of the Gupta Dynasty was called the "Napoleon of India? ?
(B) Chandragupta Vikramaditya
(C) Sri Gupta
42. Between which two rulers was the First Battle of Panipat fought?
(A) Akbar and Bahlol Lodi
(B) Babur and Ibrahim Lodi
(C) Bairam Khan and Sikandar Lodi
(D) Shah Jahan and Daulat Khan Lodi
43.Who is the author of Ain - i - Akbari ?
(A) Abul Fazal
(B) Abdus Samad
(D) Raja Todarmal
44. Match List - I with List - II and select the correct answer by using the codes given below the lists
List - I List - II
(A)Peshwas 1. Nagpur
(B) Gaekwads 2. Pune
(C) Bhonsles 3. Indore
(D) Holkers 4. Baroda
(A) 2 4 1 3
(B) 1 3 2 4
(C) 2 4 3 1
(D) 4 3 2 1
45. Which reformer from Maharashtra was known as Lokhitavadi ?
(B) Gopal Krishna Gokhale
(D)Gopal Hari Deshmukh
46."Din - e - Ilahi? of Akbar was nota success because
(A) After Akbar,it was not patronized
(B) The Muslims did not accept other religious practices
(C) It was not suitably projected to the masses
(D) All the above
47. Who was the author of the book "My Experiments with Truth? ?
(B) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(C) M. K. Gandhi
(D) Vinoba Bhave
48.Give the correct chronological order of the following events
1. Formation of Muslim League
2. Formation of All India Untouchability League
3.Formation of All India Trade Union Congress
4. Formation of Indian National Congress
(A) 24, 1, 3
(B) 3, 4, 1, 2
(C) 4, 3,1, 2
(D) 4, 1, 3, 2
49.80% of the coal in India comes from
(A)Jharia and Raniganj
(B)Kantapalli and Singareni
(C) Singrauli and Korba
50. Dry zone agriculture inIndia contributes nearly 40% of the total
(B) Fodder crops
(C) Food crops
(D) Plantation products